Stand the test of time

ColinC9055

Hello to everyone,

I'm new to the forum and was delighted to find somewhere to access the best in club music from back in the day.

Proof that trance classics really do stand the test of time. As a warm up to my gym workouts, I spend 30 mins in the spinning room (usually on my own) and like to play my own music. I forgot my headphones for my iPhone last week, so connected up to the docking station and let my trace classics blast out of the music system in the studio. I was playing an old essential mix from 1999 with Mario Picotto, Binary Finary, System F, Ayla, Paul van Dyke etc and ended up having a class full other people come in and cycle with me when they recognised the music! When my 30 mins warm-up was over I could see that my make-shift class didn't want it to end, so we ended up listening to the whole set of 90 mins and working up quite a sweat!!

At the end there was such a buzz from the music and there were so many comments of "I remember when....."

The clubbing scene from 1996 - 2001 may be lost but definitely not forgotten.

I have since been asked whether any of the old classic Essential Mixes can be played in the gym, so would be useful to know if there is any legislation surrounding this

Thanks for a great website

Happy memories

Colin

Welcome to the board!

Glad to hear such music from back in the day is still evoking great memories. There's some excellent Essential Mixes in our Audio Archives on here, do have a browse of Jules's ones from 1999 for example. But there's also lots of other Friday night 9-11pm shows which are equally as good if not better - I'm sure people will eagerly recommend their favourites here...

I have since been asked whether any of the old classic Essential Mixes can be played in the gym, so would be useful to know if there is any legislation surrounding this

Definitely not that I know of, as the original broadcast was free and everyone has recorded radio and TV for years :) So long as you aren't benefitting financially from the content (i.e. charging people), I don't believe it's any problem.

We've never had any issue on here but if for example we started charging for the audio downloads (which we never will) then I imagine we would be approached by the BBC to ask us to remove the audio content.

• 3 weeks later...

Out of interest Neuro, has Jules ever made contact regarding the sharing of music audio on the forum? Or has he ever give his approval or disapproval?

This is something that I have always thought about. I am sure Jules understands that we are just reliving and sharing classic Jules moments/memories.