New Essential Mix from Jules on September 7th, 2013!

FuzzY-LogiC

from Jules' Twitter profile: "I'm very pleased to announce that I'll be doing a @BBCR1 #essentialmix on 7th September 2013!"

I honestly wrote Jules off as a future e-mixer when he parted with BBC, but I'm intrigued to hear this one, specially because it seems like it won't be live (I can see any gigs on his schedule).

In that case, it'll be the first studio emix since December 2001!

I'll be tuned in... and rest safely for those who can't. We'll be sure to add the mix to the archive soon after the broadcast :)

UPDATE:

Snag it in the archives here: http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?/topic/7990-2013-09-07-essential-mix-31-judge-jules-studio-session/

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear - a nice share, thanks!

Here's hoping it's indeed something special and homage to the good days!

For him to announce now means the Beeb have given plenty of notice, which is always something I wondered how the BBC do? For example, do they ask you to send in a 2 hour recording and they then add jingles etc over it? It's hardly ever done live now is it?

Guess this was the case with Mat Zo's mix, which would've had a lot of time spent on it!

I really do hope it's a kinda classics mix, spread over the decades of his highlights - and not a mix set from the current era.

Here's hoping it's indeed something special and homage to the good days!I really do hope it's a kinda classics mix, spread over the decades of his highlights - and not a mix set from the current era.

That would have been nice, but I feel we're all in for disappointment.

We all expected something special for Jules's final Radio 1 show - and we were all left very disappointed when the mixes were poor, there was little imagination behind it and the "classics" were far from Jules's best ever tunes. If there was no thought behind that set, then there certainly wont be any behind this.

It'll just be a set recorded at one of Jules' recent gigs - featuring a lot of the Trouse and Commercial rubbish that he now plays with lots of "somebody screeeeeeeeeam" voiceovers slapped over the top.

The legendary Jules sets of old are long gone.

I'd love Jules to suprise everyone and throw in a few classics. But I'm deighted for him really, after all the years of service to Radio 1 it's the least he deserves. I wonder what Tong's introduction for him will be? Doubt Jules will be talking himself.

Well, i'm sure we all agree, let's hope so!

As i said above, there's absolutely no value in doing a mix that closely resembles his monthly website efforts.

C'mon Jules! Please us oldies and educate your younger fan-base at the same time! :thumbsup:

As i said above, there's absolutely no value in doing a mix that closely resembles his monthly website efforts.

C'mon Jules! Please us oldies and educate your younger fan-base at the same time! :thumbsup:

If you want a good classic Jules, then listen to Homelands, Ireland 1999 from the audio archives.

If you want a good classic Jules, then listen to Homelands, Ireland 1999 from the audio archives.

LOVE this set! Wild!! :twisted:

If you could choose one classic #Trance track to be included in my @BBCR1 #EssentialMix , what would it be?

Hmmm.

I'm kinda torn as to what this means. On the one hand it's great to see that Jules is at least thinking about the classics for his EM.

On the other hand, I can't fathom why Jules feels the need to ask which tune to play. He's the reason most became classics in the first place, he shouldn't need to ask. Also leads me to think it'll be just the one tune.

Sadly, I think the one classic will be one of his more predictable classics.

I'm guessing either Ralph Fridge - Angel, Kristine Blond - Love Shy or Starparty - I'm In Love.

If we're expecting it to be something like Rockafellas - Da Boss Track, or DJ Elite - That Fuct Camera, I think we'll be in for disappointment.

I hope he really goes to town and tries to make a proper essential mix (i.e. not just a 2 hour mix which anyone in the world could make).

I'll keep an eye out for it but, unfortunately, like most I doubt it will blow me away.

The fact he's asking for classics recommendations is not particularly encouraging!

I hope he really goes to town and tries to make a proper essential mix (i.e. not just a 2 hour mix which anyone in the world could make).

I'll keep an eye out for it but, unfortunately, like most I doubt it will blow me away.

The fact he's asking for classics recommendations is not particularly encouraging!

I agree about the classics, he may be too lazy to select a few himself.

I would like hear "Conductor and the Cowboy -Feeling This Way".

Hopefully he can surprise us. To be honest I havent really listened to Jules since 2005, so not really know what to expect!