Trance Nation Mixed By Lange

drtim

It does.

Collect these (the worthwhile ones) and this looks good.

The only one I have so far is Above & Beyond's effort, from 2009?? - it is brilliant - so i will take a punt and order this one too. Which others do you recommend Aza?

I would recommend Trance Nation Vol. 1 mixed by Ferry Corsten from 1999. Some classics on this disc.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/trance-nation-vol-1-mw0000472149

Agree! Musical folklore and word on messageboards worldwide implores every serious dance music fan to already have this on their shelf. Still play this loads and it has not dated.

e17621wbvry.jpg

I might even say this is where the word "classic" was first coined in terms of that late 90s Trance explosion in the UK.

I would recommend Trance Nation Vol. 1 mixed by Ferry Corsten from 1999. Some classics on this disc.

Agree! Musical folklore and word on messageboards worldwide implores every serious dance music fan to already have this on their shelf. Still play this loads and it has not dated.

e17621wbvry.jpg

I might even say this is where the word "classic" was first coined in terms of that late 90s Trance explosion in the UK.

Not arguing with the 'Classic' status of the tracks here, but pretty sure I have them all and mixed by Jules rather than Ferry?? Are Ferry's mixing skills worth the purchase of tracks I already have?

e17621wbvry.jpg

Not arguing with the 'Classic' status of the tracks here, but pretty sure I have them all and mixed by Jules rather than Ferry?? Are Ferry's mixing skills worth the purchase of tracks I already have?

This is the best CD you'll ever own.

Amazing CD. Still play it regularly even now.

I'll second that! Only just the other day I played this when driving... Makes you fully appreciate just how awesome Ferry was in putting across so many beautiful tracks with real quality, but also v.nicely mixed - and all would've been solidly mixed on 1210s with vinyl!

Regarding the ones I collect, it started out with this very cd, which is something Ferry went on to do five times. It went up to Trance Nation 4 and the fifth, which turned out to be his last was called Trance Nation 2001.

I have then got one Jules did, which was the classics mix. But also Rank 1's and Cosmic Gate's. There was a pretty good offering from Andy Moor which introduced me Mat Zo's 24 hours (one of my highly respected tracks) and now this CD from Lange thay looks good.

I'll second that! Only just the other day I played this when driving... Makes you fully appreciate just how awesome Ferry was in putting across so many beautiful tracks with real quality, but also v.nicely mixed - and all would've been solidly mixed on 1210s with vinyl!

Regarding the ones I collect, it started out with this very cd, which is something Ferry went on to do five times. It went up to Trance Nation 4 and the fifth, which turned out to be his last was called Trance Nation 2001.

I have then got one Jules did, which was the classics mix. But also Rank 1's and Cosmic Gate's. There was a pretty good offering from Andy Moor which introduced me Mat Zo's 24 hours (one of my highly respected tracks) and now this CD from Lange thay looks good.

Trance Nation 1 and 2 were genuine works of art. It was evident that a lot of thought went into them.

From then on, they started to become a bit commercial and cheesey. Ferry admitted in an interview that he didn't enjoy making them after TN2 and that was why he stopped creating them for MoS. He had free reign over TN1 and 2, something like 50% over TN3, and then the MoS started picking the tunes instead. I remember Jules saying something similar about the old Clubbers Guide To... CD's actually too, which is why he went on to do his Clubbed CD's. He wanted CD's that represented a true club set.

I never understood the logic in the MoS paying what I would imagine was fairly big money for world famous club DJs - and then dictating to them what to play. Bizarre.

TN 3 & 4 were both excellent - but only CD 2 on each compilation.

You could clearly tell that Ferry got told what to play on CD1 of both sets and then got freedom on Disc 2.

TN4 disc 2 is really cool, loads of deeper and twisted tracks which made a change from the anthem after anthem style.

The last TN I got was TN 2001 - again CD1 was a write off but CD was blinding!

Disc: 2

1. Touch Me - Rui Da Silva

2. See Me Here - Orion

3. Deliver Me - Sister Bliss

4. Refined Intricacy - Origin

5. Beautiful Strange - Bedrock

6. The Baguio Track - Luzon

7. Field Of Joy - Tony Walker

8. Sputnik - Stylus Trouble

9. Power Crazed - Natious

10. Needlejuce - System 7

11. Diamondback - Mekka