Wedding 30 minute Mix

mitchmix99

So I've said to my mate I'll do a few tunes at his wedding in October (later on in the evening when Grans gone to bed) and was thinking along the lines of some vocal stuff that most of the folk will know. We are all around 30 so school of 98 - 2002 mainly although there should be a fair few 20s and 30s there too.

Some examples below of what I'm thinking so far.....

Some of it's a bit cheesy but I need to cover all bases. Anyone got any other good suggestions along these sort of lines? It's a bit more Dave Pearce but it's all good :oddcake:....

Any help gratefully received.....!

Kristine Blonde - Love Shy

Surreal - Take My Breath Away

Marc Et Claude l need your loving or loving you

Baby D – Let me B you fantasy (Rank 1)

Matt Derey – Beautiful

Ian Van Dahl – castles in the sky

Chicane Feat. Bryan Adams - Don't Give Up

Tomcraft - Lonliness

Lucid - I Can't Help Myself

(Those two drop well if you mix the start of Lucid over the vocal of Tomcraft, extended mixes...)

William Orbit - Barber's Adagio For Strings

Armand Van Helden - You Don't Know Me

Armand Van Helden - I Want Your Soul

Armand Van Helden - My My My

Madison Avenue - Don't Call Me Baby

Modjo - Lady

Supermen Lovers - Starlight

Chris Lake - Changes

Room 5 - Make Luv

Solu Music Feat. Kimblee - Fade (Bimbo Jones Mix)

Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme

Shakedown - At Night (Kid Creme Remix ain't bad either)

M&S Pres. Girl Next Door - Salsoul Nugget

Stardust - Music Sounds Better (Or the Spacedust bootleg if you want a 130 bpm stronger version)

Snap Vs Plaything - Do You See The Light

Starchaser - Love Will Set You Free

Rui Da Silva - Touch Me

Rhythm Masters - The Underground (Phunk Investigation Remix)

Riva - Stringer (up to you if you play the original or the cheesy vocal one)

Ida Corr Vs Fedde Le Grande - Let Me Think About It

Dave Spoon - At Night

I guess if there are 20+ year olds in there you could go up to 2008/9 way, can't really think of any big lasting dance tracks from around then though.

I'll suggest more if any come to mind. Maybe have a gander through Dave Pearce's old tracklistings archive, I actually find a few forgotten gems in there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/davepearce/tracklistings.shtml

Cheers all, some good pointers in there (and old classics I used to play at school discos). I did take a look at some old Dave Pearce stuff so should be good to go now.....

Out of interest, I'm thinking of just taking my laptop with all the tunes rather than burn to CD and use on the hired DJs decks. Has anyone tried the Numark DJ2GO http://www.homedj.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/numark_dj2go.shtml kit? It's entry level but all I'm after is the ability to mix. Given it has PC software to go with it, it's likely to be far more advanced than a couple of 1210s and Gemini 626 mixer any day.....

Cheers....

Not sure you should play 'Loneliness' at a wedding! The parents might disapprove! ;-) In terms of the format it all depends on the crowd. If they aren't old clubbers go with whatever is easiest for you. I played a wedding in Ibiza for a mate and they specifically asked me to play off of vinyl. God, that was messy! Have fun!!

I think the Kaiser Chiefs' 'everyday I love you less and less' works well at weddings.

:lol:

I tried desperately to get my mate's band to play "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" by Leadbelly (covered famously by Nirvana) at a wedding last summer

So did the mix/played a few tunes after the band finished at 12:30 and track listing is as follows......

Robin S - Show Me Love

Nadia Ali - Rapture (Avicii Remix)

Paul Johnson - Get Down

David Guetta - Play Hard

Avicii - You Make Me

Afrojack - The Spark ft. Spree Wilson

Ian Van Dahl - Castle In the Sky

Surreal - You Take my breath away

Kristine Blonde - Love Shy

Bit of a Greg James dance anthems effort but everyone enjoyed it!!!

I did find out though that my on-board soundcard (done the set with Traktor Pro) didn't handle the whole PA affair so well so will be upgrading that to something much better for my Secret Santa Mix!

Thanks for everyone's input on the tracks. Some of the other suggestions will go into a separate set I'll do for them to listen to at their leisure!

• 4 weeks later...