Advice on selling records

Tremor

Hi guys,

I'm looking to have a clear out and sell at least some of my records. I know there is always discogs, but with postage rates so high and the inconvenience of selling lots of individual records and going the post office all the time, it doesn't appeal too much - might not really be worth it.

Anyone know any other good options?

Thought I'd put it out there. Thanks

I've seen varying postage costs per sellers on Discogs some of which asks the question, if one person can send 3 12"s for the price of one one they why can't others instead oc chraging more per successifve 12".

The simple answer seems to be since so many people are selling tons of the same releases many in mint/unplayed condition, they are all jostling to sell their copies so are underpricing each other, due to the low pricing of their records, they seek to make money to cover paypal costs in as a hidden cost in the postage price.

This really annoys me, some people are still honest and won't pass the paypal fee to the buyer whereas others will but state so. Many though do and don't state as such.

A annoyance out of the way there!I

Any records that could selle for a bit sell seperate, otherwise stuff thats ten a penny are better off bundled up to make things easier I would suggest.

From seeing all the mint/unplayed/brand new records being sold on discogs for far less then they were day/week/month of original release, a vast amount of my record collection is worth bugger all. I do have a few valuables though, which, I would never sell!

From seeing all the mint/unplayed/brand new records being sold on discogs for far less then they were day/week/month of original release, a vast amount of my record collection is worth bugger all. I do have a few valuables though, which, I would never sell!

That's pretty much the same case for me. So I just wanted to get some opinions. Thanks Jason, I thought you would be a good person to ask on this one :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...