March issue of Mixmag

bigsteve

'Fire It Up' is the best mix cd they have given away for months, personally i'm fed up of them gettin flavours of the month to do the mixes and was astonished that the Mylo CD wasn't even mixed!

The lazy b**tard couldn't be bothered to mix it and then termed it a DJ tool!

Look forward to the Ferry cd, hopefully will have some previews from his forthcoming album on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Tracklist:

Steet Angels - Another Day (Club mix)

Riva - Lunar

Tilt - New Day (David West mix)

Gabriel & Dresden - Tracking Treasure Down

Oliver Prime - I was a Bee (Ambrosia remix)

Si Begg - Theme

Koala - Optiflex

Purple Haze - Eden

DJ Fire - Summermorning

Acues & Elitist - Zonderland (8 Wonders remix)

Ronski Speed - Incognition

Frost & Maron - Mute your mind (Yield remix)

Yanave presents Evanya - Las Perillas

Link to a link for download

http://www.nucastle.co.uk/showthread.php?s...&threadid=52627

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say am very let down by this, the tracklist is dated (even more so than they usually are) and the general standard of tunage isn't what i'd expect to hear ferry playin out, some of the music on there is jst terrible.

We wait ages for a trancey mix cd and we have to put with this, not impressed. All we have to do now is wait 6 months while they feed us minimal and electro, oh and of course some bandwagon tripe ala Loco Dice.

Not just this Ferry CD that's been poor though, the PvD CD from last year was very average aswell, they need to encourage dj's to stick in new tunage instead of just givin em any old tosh they chucked together a few months back

Fair enough but you at least want a representation of what the DJs are gona be playin out at the time, PvD's CD featured two Space Manourves tunes, which i doubt he would ever play out.

I compare all of the trancey cds to Armin's from almost 2 yrs ago (the one that featured Elevation, Re:Locate, Nathan Fake etc) it had tunage and most of the tracks were a reflection of what he was playing, it was much more applicable than the latest from PvD or Ferry i.m.o

I'm sure Mixmag have too much influence over what each DJ puts on their CD. After hearing this month mix by Ferry, I'm very glad I didn't go out and buy the magazine now.

It did me well before I got a PC, but its just too out of date and there's hardly any articles worth reading in it now. Smash Hits folded earleir this year, I can only see Mixmag doing the same :lol:

I'm sure Mixmag have too much influence over what each DJ puts on their CD

I wouldnt say so. Look at Eddie's cd's, loads of tracks on there are from what he usually plays etc.

Maybe on this occasion there was some influence, as it is quite a weak T/L.

Eddie's CD was superb but there were some tunes on that made me wonder, stuff like 'Netherworld' seemed kinda outta place as it was about a year old, that said Eddie does seem to rotate his playlist a lot slower than most, he's probably still playing 'Adagio for Strings' as he's played it every single time i've seen him play over the course of the past 2 yrs :lol:

Archived