Pioneer To Launch Turntable

milkybarkid

So, Pioneer are to launch a turntable soon, from what I've seen they have the exact same lay-out and functions of the good old Technics. I read somewhere that they don't have a USB input (surprisingly), but the whole thing is still a bit of a mystery as yet.

So what do you make of it? Good for the purists, or just another cynical money move now that Technics are obsolete (which they -indirectly- contributed to)?

Personally, I'm skeptical. I don't like the way they rammed stuff down our throats and pandered to making dj'ing as easy as possible (synch buttons on decks for example). A cd-less CDJ is next on the cards apparently. I think it's just another cash cow prime for milking for them.

A cd-less CDJ is next on the cards apparently.

We're pretty much there anyway. SInce the CDJ-2000's came out, most DJ's have switched from CD to USB memory stick.

The day is fast approaching where we'll be DJ'ing wirelessly - playing music from our phones via a wireless connection, or from our webspace "in the cloud".

All DJ's will turn up to gigs with is their headphones.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I gotta say I've recently layed my filthy hands on the PLX-1000 at the local hifi retailer who also deals in DJ gear.

I was there in other business, but chatted with the clerk about turntables and the current upswing in demand for 1210's after Technics stopped production.

He mentioned they just got the first PLX-1000 that same morning and comes back a few minutes later with the unopened box.

There are no other customers in the store, so me, the manager and his 2-3 colleagues forms a circle around this box that is opened with high anticipation.

The turntable is carefully placed on the desk and we're all wauw! and oooh! (new tech does that to a guy :D)

So far so good... however, when the turntable was plugged into the power, nothing happended when the power button was turned on. It was just dead. Period.

They fiddled around with it for a while, but gave up and called the company that import Pioneer gear to Denmark and asked if there were a secret 'ON' button... :mrgreen:

I was laughing inside while sending some loving thoughts to my two 1210's at home :oddcake:

The touch of it was nice, indeed. Really sturdy built quality and it's actually heavier than the 1210... except it wasn't working :shifty: