Essential Mix: 03-Jan-2015

Aza

Prydz released some slightly more commercial sounding tracks last year with attrocious vocals on, get rid of them and all is fine.

I've liekd some of his stuff over the years on and off, but his 3 hour sets of his own material that he has been doing gets pretty samey, tiresome and boring to me quickly.

I'm off mixed feeling with his sets; yes they are generally all own productions, but for me, the productions are great. Yes, there are a few here and there that aren't fully consistent with the benchmark of Prydz, but I've always enjoyed them.

I think some of the Prydz stuff under his own name i.e. Eric Prydz is more driven by the label than him. It's to try cater for the audiences. You just look at this difference between that and Pryda, or even Cirez D.

Olander is following closely in suit. I did love his warm up set for Eric as part of EPIC 3.0, and he's now throwing sets out with the majority of his own tunes. But his last few releases have been quality, for me. 'Jackie' is a superb track.

Nonetheless, I'm sure you'll both probably still look at the tracklist and check it out :)