Royal Mail!!!!!

Uberduck

Ive lost count op the number of times ive ranted at Royal Mail for their crap delivery service but this tops all previous cock-ups by them.

Ordered my new mixer, few records and new headphones (totalling over £700). They were sent by Parcel Force.

I had them delivered to my dads house as thats where my card is still registered to. No-one had been at the house for a couple of days and when my parcel arrived there was nobody to take it off parcel force.

Instead of doing the sensible thing and taking it back with them they left it on the back door step in the snow, ice, wind, rain!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :wall: :wall:

When my dad arrived home he found it luckily before a local chav had nicked off with it.

The contents weren't affected thankfully and are now getting thorough useage to make up for their poor treatment.

Beat that one!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had a large picture delivered for our sitting room once by Parcel Force, and when it arrived the wonderful wooden frame which we'd paid a lot of money for had a large, deep scratch all the way down one side where they'd obviously slid it around in and out of vans, etc.

If I remember correctly, don't you work for Royal Mail, Jason?

KR

The postman at my home in Kent always leaves my vinyl outside the door now which is really annoying, whereas here in Durham he just hammers really loudly on our door til the neighbours agree to take my stuff in til I get back. :D

As for leaving a mixer just on your doorstep, that's just plain lazy.

Yeah I just do the sorting although on a few occasuins early last year I did delivering and if I had stuff that woudlnt fit through teh door I wouldnt dream of leaving it outside someones hous if theres no one home, I'd fill out onf of those we called but you were out jobbys and bung that thru the door taking item back to the depot.

Most people are careful and do their job properly n thata lthough as in the papers again recently the odd few do things that give RM a bad rep.

Yeah, it probs is a division of Royal Mail, thinking about it, but I'm sure they operate as 2 seperate distribution networks

Anyway, just been reading about this Pricing in Proportion (PiP) system coming into force in August. The cost of posting an item will depend on its size AND weight. There's some info on it here http://www.royalmailgroup.com/news/expanda...rand=royal_mail

Ever the sceptic that I am, I fear record postage costs are gonna rise. Even if the actual postage doesn't go up, it is an easy excuse for retailers (and eBayers!!!) to put up P&P costs :( Could be interesting to see how this one pans out...

Well I've just found out that a recorded delivery (1st class) letter I posted on Fri 6/1/06 arrived yesterday! :shock:

I've had enough of Royal Mail and have found the claim form on their web site (its well hidden!) and filled it in. Took a while, but they say that over 4 days and up to 10 days late, you get a measly 12 x 1st class stamps :shock: :( Over 10 days and you can get £5 or £10.

Even more annoying, was that you had to print the form out, sign it, and post it off...which needed another stamp :shock: :( You'd think it would be a freepost if you're complaining wouldn't you?

I'll let you know the outcome (if my claim form doesn't get lost)

LOL, what a carry on Steve, no wonder half the time people (like myself) don't bother complaining, when you have to go in circles like that it seems ridiculous!

Its so obviously done to make you think its not worth the bother, but I'm not letting this one lie!

lol at Steve's claim form blues :D

Talking of going round in circles though, Juno posted me a record but we were all out of the house when the postman called, but instead of trying the next day with it (which I thought was standard procedure), they just throw orange slips through your box.

Now apparently I have 3 options: Go to the industrial estate, find the delivery office, bring proof of ID, and ask them to find it so I can take it home myself; or ring the expensive 0845 number (which they've cleverly printed by separating the numbers as 08456 xxxxxx) to ask them to deliver it to me again; or thirdly ring that same number to ask them to deliver it instead to my post office "after noon", at a charge of 50p.

Such a hassle, and that number is always engaged, or "unavailable". Why not deliver it to a neighbour or try delivering it again to the house when it's their van day? :evil: Or am I being a bit unreasonable?

Today I have received a book of 12 First Class stamps as compensation 8-) I was hoping for a cheque for a tenner, esp as they STILL can't prove the letter was actually delivered, but at least I've got something out of it!

Probs a case of a lazy post(wo)man that didn't peel the barcode off and get a signature

• 1 month later...

The saga continues...

Got a card on Monday (after I refused to get out of my pit on Saturday morning) and struggled down to the Post Office this morning. It was a recorded delivery and the postie's written on it, '12"x12" brown packet.'

Now they can't find it at the sorting office :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

So I've come away empty handed and left them my phone number in case they find it. Whats the bloody point in using recorded if they still lose the damn things :? And even if they do find it, it'll be another trip to the sorting office, when they could've lost it again :(

That is a bit embarrassing on their behalf loosing an item, especially recored...

They spend umpteen £'s implementing systems to handle such operationg and still cannot get organised.

Archived