Jules DJLive, on Clubland TV.

milkybarkid

Anyone see it? He seems to have some sort of contract with them, always seems to be on it on various shows. But he was on a one hour, no-ad show of him dj'ing for an hour last night.

And Clubland+Jules dj set..... it actually wasn't bad. Still feel s the need to play samples over near every tune, though not the 'somebody scream' ones, more 'I have a dream' speech, 'Jack had a groove', and some cringe like 'I'm looking for Molly'. I dunno why he persists with it, but it's been done to death I suppose.

The set itself surprised me. Decent trance, some techy hints, some cheese, before he loses it in the last ten mins with some EDM crap. Bar the samples and the last ten mins, it was a reminder to me that he still can pick a tune. No 140 stuff, granted, but does he ever hit that tempo anymore?

Tuned in expecting to be watching through my fingers, ended up cranking the volume for large parts. Maybe my expectations were just so low, I dunno!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...