Jules - Charity Board Mix (and you choose the tracks!)

Neuro

I set up JudgeJulesArchive.co.uk exactly 10 years ago and to celebrate I have asked Jules if he'd like to do an exclusive board mix for us, with whatever tunes we (i.e. the members of this board) fancied. He has kindly agreed. I also wanted to donate to a cancer charity for my mum who survived breast cancer only a few years ago. So, it works like this:

1) You nominate any track you wish by replying to this thread, and in return donate £5 (or your chosen amount) to our charity (now in the top right corner of the home page)

2) Once we have (say) 25 tracks i.e. £125, I will obtain the mp3s and send them to Jules;

3) I will then double the contribution made by all members, and donate it to the chosen charity;

4) Jules mixes all your chosen tracks together, and later we upload it exclusively here on JudgeJulesArchive.co.uk for everybody's enjoyment.

Rules:

1) You can choose absolutely any track you like, from any year - but only one, so make it good! (please put all your selections down though as we may pick a couple of your choices!)

2) You must have joined this messageboard and reply to this thread to have your track considered

3) The closing date will be 31 July 2015

4) The Admin's decision is final and these rules may change at any time :)

Whilst I set up the charity widget on here, may we have people's thoughts, dreams, wishes, and as many track suggestions as you can think of please!

I've only just seen this post, will give this some thought and get back to you. It's a great idea :thumbsup:

BTW Neuro, l thought you set up the original Judge Jules archive in 2003? I seem to remember the site crashing in 2005 and you had to start all over again and all the members of the old site had to rejoin?

I suggest those who want to select a track each give 4-5 options on here and we'll whittle them down in the end. Remember it doesn't have to be your favourite tune; more something you want to hear Jules play again -or maybe it's 2 tunes you wish you'd hear mixed together but never did. Whatever you like.

BTW Neuro, l thought you set up the original Judge Jules archive in 2003? I seem to remember the site crashing in 2005 and you had to start all over again and all the members of the old site had to rejoin?

You are right, 2003 I set this up but I suppose I'm counting from the fatal DDoS attack we encountered in 2005 where we lost everything, after which we re-launched with a new host, new domain, and new forums :)

Many tunes define Jules for me, but I'm gonna put down:

Airwave - Save Me

David Forbes - Questions (Kaystone Mix)

Frank T.R.A.X - Nebuchan (O.R.G.A.N Mix)

No-One Driving - Playa Sol (Original Mix)

Bobak & Lambert - The Battle

Airwave maybe a first choice if you like, but any of those for me really.

I'd LOVE to throw Vortex - Scarface in there from 2004. But I don't even think Jules has that about anymore. And there's no traceable copy as it was never released, even as a white label.

Tim, such a fantastic idea - marking both our achievements on this site (fundamentally your technological baby) and helping in recognition of your mum - thanks for offering us the opportunity to contribute!

Jules was my first DJ idle and most of my fondest memories of getting in to trance / dance music are because of him. He's always been more of the 'presenting the music' to me whilst I then branched off to other DJ's as my mixing skills developed/evolved. I also recall almost quite ritualistically programme timering my old tape deck to record the Saturday night warm ups (5-7pm) whilst I was holding down a part time Saturday job and I think for me that's setting the theme for the songs/tracks I'm selecting here. Here they are for now before we whittle them down:

- Brooklyn Bounce - Club Bizarre (Tomcraft Remix)

- Ayu - Audience (Darren Tate Remix)

- Boca - Play With Me (Bellfire Remix)

- Systematic Parts - Don't Walk Away

- Dark Monks - Insane (Steve Murano Remix)

- Red Carpet - Alright (Brad Carter Remix)

- VPL - T Break

- The Clergy - The Oboe Song (Green Martian Remix)

- Jurgen Vries - The Theme (Original Mix)

- Steve Murano - Bootleg Beats 002 (Original Mix)

- Jones & Stephenson - The First Rebirth (Liquid Overdose Remix)

- Tilmann Uhrmacher - On The Road

- Warrior - If You Want Me

- Team SR - Leaving London (Original Mix)

- Gladiator - Now We Are Free (Judge Jules Remix)

Forgive the four lots of 4-5 tracks, I'll reflect then try pick a select few! Or - lol - I'd be up for putting together a CD2 mix for us with the left over tunes equally for the same cause and reasons you post :)

Aza

Edited by Aza

A few more to choose from;

Scott Mac pres Dave Lea - Damager 02

Brainbug - Nightmare

4Strings - Let It Rain (Instrumental)

Armin Van Buuren ft Susana - Shivers

ParaMi - Motivation

Candee Jay - If I Were You - (Michael Woods Remix)

Green Martian - Industry

I'd LOVE to throw Vortex - Scarface in there from 2004. But I don't even think Jules has that about anymore. And there's no traceable copy as it was never released, even as a white label.

Did Jules ever play this tune on any of his R1 shows?

Push - Strange World (2000 Remake)

Hi-Gate - Saxuality

Those are some I'd really like to hear Jules play... 'Strange World' is hands down one of my most favorite trance anthems from back then and Saxuality is highly underrated in my humble opinion...

Push - Strange World (2000 Remake)

Hi-Gate - Saxuality

Those are some I'd really like to hear Jules play... 'Strange World' is hands down one of my most favorite trance anthems from back then and Saxuality is highly underrated in my humble opinion...

Couldn't agree more, love Saxuality and also Push - Strange World both were on my list. So many memorable tunes so l'm really glad you have chosen them :thumbsup:

Yeah, towards the end of 2004. I have it on one or two of my recordings.

I found it in my tracklisting for 6.11.04 and also found it on youtube ....uploaded by your good self. Great tune, love it! :thumbsup:

Speaking of the great 'Push' aka MIKE, I'd like to add 'The Legacy' as a track suggestion. Can't believe I overlooked this as it is one of my all time fave tracks and couldn't get the memory in gear correctly to recite!

I remember Jules - probably only ever happening once on his R1 shows - having this track Tried and Tested twice (possibly was two weeks in a row)!

I found it in my tracklisting for 6.11.04 and also found it on youtube ....uploaded by your good self. Great tune, love it! :thumbsup:

I imagine the rights issues made it impossible to distribute. If it were around today then it would probably just end of a freebee on soundcloud, Jules probably had it emailed to him and spun it on the CDJ's as they were in use back then. I've never even been able to track down whoever made it, Vortex could be anyone really. So it's one lost in time.

Speaking of the great 'Push' aka MIKE, I'd like to add 'The Legacy' as a track suggestion. Can't believe I overlooked this as it is one of my all time fave tracks and couldn't get the memory in gear correctly to recite!

I remember Jules - probably only ever happening once on his R1 shows - having this track Tried and Tested twice (possibly was two weeks in a row)!

Cracking track, One of the big pirates that used to be round this way, Groove FM, used to play it a lot around August/September 2001. I've actually worn the first few seconds of my copy out.

You're right on the nail in regards to The Legacy being T&T twice... it wasn't two weeks in a row though, but hey ;-)

Source: http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?/page/Main/tried_tested.html

18/08/01 - Push - 'The Legacy' [inferno]

16/06/01 - Push - 'The Legacy' [inferno]