Jules - Charity Board Mix (and you choose the tracks!)

Neuro

Kudos for such a good idea Tim. We'll raise some dosh and get a classic mix to boot!
Had a think about this and I'm really struggling to narrow down the quintessential Jules tunes. I'm really going to have to think hard before I make my final choice.

Here's a few initial thoughts though:

The Clergy - Saints & Sinners

Apache - Starfighter (Hi-Gate Remix)
Secret Cinema vs. Private Productions - Gung-Ho
Kenji Ogura - Kreissaege Tyb B (MG Remix)

I guess most here recall 'PPK - Resurection'...

What a tune - at the time - and I'm sure Jules hammered the hell out of this. I can't recall who was the first dj to receive the exclusive on this - or at least play it on air on R1 - was it Jules, Dave Pearce, Tong - or was it Oaky? Oaky eventually signed it...

Edit: Tim, think you/we should also ask Jules to take his pick and add in his own fave track in this honour too :) ??

Edited by Aza

What a tune - at the time - and I'm sure Jules hammered the hell out of this. I can't recall who was the first dj to receive the exclusive on this - or at least play it on air on R1 - was it Jules, Dave Pearce, Tong - or was it Oaky? Oaky eventually signed it...

Edit: Tim, think you/we should also ask Jules to take his pick and add in his own fave track in this honour too :) ??

Oakey famously was handed this while playing a gig, and immediately played -twice- in his set after listening to it there and then (which was a major rarity due to the masses of cds handed to the dj at the time). He then snapped it up for Perfecto instantly.

I will absolutely contribute to this. Major props to Jules for this too. Will come up with one of the less obvious classics that just scream 'Jules' to me later. Tempted to pick one of the old techno, dave the drummer stuff he used to drop, just for the hell of it.

Must say, can't see many other big djs agreeing to playing a tracklist like this picked by others, for fear of getting tunes they wouldn't want, or don't fit with their curret 'sound'. Massive kudos and thanks to Jules.

Oakey famously was handed this while playing a gig, and immediately played -twice- in his set after listening to it there and then (which was a major rarity due to the masses of cds handed to the dj at the time). He then snapped it up for Perfecto instantly.

I will absolutely contribute to this. Major props to Jules for this too. Will come up with one of the less obvious classics that just scream 'Jules' to me later. Tempted to pick one of the old techno, dave the drummer stuff he used to drop, just for the hell of it.

Must say, can't see many other big djs agreeing to playing a tracklist like this picked by others, for fear of getting tunes they wouldn't want, or don't fit with their curret 'sound'. Massive kudos and thanks to Jules.

mbk.. a brilliant track Dave The Drummer a.k.a. Henry Cullen, a.k.a. Strobe, would be 'Human Animal': http://www.discogs.com/Strobe-Human-Animal/release/7192 :thumbsup:

So many tunes to choose from for this very admirable cause.

and a bonus one if possible:

Digger - Church of Ra

Definitely make sure this one is on the list!

My shortlist would be:

Oliver Klein - Rhinecraft (Ian Wilkie Remix)

Three Drives - Sunset on Ibiza

Ricky Effe - Sector 30

Daicon - Smoking Bitches

Beyond - Still Dream

DJ Enrico presents Boom Device - Yesterday's Enterprise

Deffo some long shots in there...

And if he could find Unknown - Powersurge (which I now realise samples Kraftwerk - 'We are the robots') that would be lovely. Ha!

great idea this!

few from me..

Matt Darey - Beautiful

Frank Trax - Nebuchan

Agenda - Heaven (lange remix)

D-tune - earplugs

Jorio - remember me (space bros remix)

Marcel woods v Joshua Ryan - Pistolwhip cherryblossom (eteson bootleg)

Kevin - all in my mind

so many others..

• 2 weeks later...

Neuro: Is the counter working? It's been at 16% for a while now...

It requires me to acknowledge each payment in the admin section here, so it won't be immediate - all updated now :)

Thank you everybody who has contributed so far, magnificent response. Remember I am doubling the final amount we end up with, so please be generous!

Dearest JJA friends!
This discussion list is now pretty long enough and every post worth reading! So many interesting remarks and quotes!
Immediately afterwards I learned that Jules is going to mix a special set for JJA with selections of tune the community can pick up, my mind blew! Soon after I became desperate though! Piles and piles of amazing of tunes to choose from, how to pick up only ONE.
Mr. Jules has been round for some 25-27 years or so, an immense portion of time, a countless portion of tunes.
What to choose? Something from hundred classics caned heavily on the dancefloors nationwide or something from hard-to-find ultra rare promos/whitelabels?

Moreover, a retrospective/introspective set or oldskool/contemporary selection of tunes?
Dearest Gentlemen/(ladies) if there are any - I GIVE UP my choice!
Guess what? The sky´s the limit! Whatever Mr. JUDGE JULES will pick up for this special commemorative concoction I know I will humbly and respectfully accept from the legend! I am already having goosebumps and shivering what the mix is going to be like!

To say a few more modest words, I would be on cloud 9 if Mr. JULES or somebody from the radio crew could dig up from the vaults some radio broadcast rarities and give a permission to expose those on JJA web (some old KISS 100 FM sessions, especially the last one before his departure to Radio 1, it MUST HAVE BEEN SO EMOTIONAL, or simultaneously his first ever regular show on BBC Radio One all in both in October 1997)
Thank to all of you! it is you, who are making the amazing house music history restored!
Tom

Btw, my little donation done! Hope it will help a little.

• 3 weeks later...

This is so difficult to narrow down, some have gone with three, top being my 1st pick:

Lovechild - Liberta (Moonman Remix)

Friends of Matthew - Out There (Lange Remix)

Aptness - The Answer

and a bonus one if possible:

Digger - Church of Ra

Just donated £20 for Jules mix, hopefully these 4 tracks get included thanks :thumbsup:

I applaud all taking part in this momentous event but I out of my own principles will not be. I do not donate to any cancer charities any more, knowing how money is spent.

Jacey B, I respect this; if you would like to nominate another cause to donate to, I am happy to make sure your donation finds its way there, should you choose to take part.

Push - Strange World (2000 Remake)

Hi-Gate - Saxuality

Those are some I'd really like to hear Jules play... 'Strange World' is hands down one of my most favorite trance anthems from back then and Saxuality is highly underrated in my humble opinion...

Have to agree with both here, and personally Saxuality has always been one of my favourite Jules productions!

Looks like the deadline has been extended to end of July...

Should be easy for Jules to whip this up, he's just released that "Trance Classic" mix and that set at Luminosity featured the same sort of stuff (that was a great set btw!).

I haven't had much of a chance yet, but I'm looking to offer up a 'B' side to this mix of Jules' for us all on here to celebrate such a milestone achievement, add to the fun of it and provide the entertainment :)

Edited by Aza