Jules - Charity Board Mix (and you choose the tracks!)

Neuro

Think all the ones I'd go for have been pretty much mentioned. Neuro, please get him to play his version of "Gladiator" / "Gladius - Now we are free" , it has not been played for 14 years and it'll add something special to the mix.

I seriously don't think he has it any more! But I'll ask, there's no harm in trying.

Think all the ones I'd go for have been pretty much mentioned. Neuro, please get him to play his version of "Gladiator" / "Gladius - Now we are free" , it has not been played for 14 years and it'll add something special to the mix.

I seriously don't think he has it any more! But I'll ask, there's no harm in trying.

I bet you he does :) Be good to get the response to that question, though!

Edited by Aza

Personally when a big name like Jules says he doesn't have it anymore, I take that as he can't be bothered to dig the DAT/CDR out to convert it. from a DJ's perspective, there's no real gain for him.

This was a tune he promoted exclusively in his sets and it stood out. I also sincerely doubt that he would have the only copy.

He is getting more positive feedback as of late and the fact that he is trying to play oldskool trance now instead of championing that god awful edm/electro gash by supporting some of his main signature tunes gives us some hope.

The donation is under my Dad's name 'Glyn'. There was no option to change it to mine on the page, although it's out of my bank...

Anyway my selected track is:

The Skip Raiders Feat. Jada - Another Day (Perfecto Remix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A_2RBEh6IE

Some may say it has been overplayed/commercial compared to some choices. But it came from 1999, which many regard as the best year for trance. And it still took me away when I heard it replayed on Radio 1's Essential Mix that Oakenfold did in 1999, coming back home the other night.

My final choice.

Personally when a big name like Jules says he doesn't have it anymore, I take that as he can't be bothered to dig the DAT/CDR out to convert it. from a DJ's perspective, there's no real gain for him.

This was a tune he promoted exclusively in his sets and it stood out. I also sincerely doubt that he would have the only copy.

He is getting more positive feedback as of late and the fact that he is trying to play oldskool trance now instead of championing that god awful edm/electro gash by supporting some of his main signature tunes gives us some hope.

I'm not so sure about that... He has replied by mail on several occasions over a timespan of 10 years to different people that he doesn't have it anymore.

The fact is that he has moved and changed studio several times.

Back when Jules made the tune and Hans Zimmer vetoed the use of it, Jules might have thought it wasn't a big deal to anyone.... sure, it went down well with the crowd the few times he played it out, but he might simply not have had the same enthusiasm about the tune that we have had all those years, so maybe he simply canned the CDR/DAT or maybe the original project files was lost in a studio move.

Who knows? I sure don't... but I like to see the best in people, and the above explanation might be it - but of course I really wish Jules has a copy somewhere :)

The closing date has of course now passed. Thanks to everybody for donating and of course for selecting their tracks!

We can't select them all, but I'll do my best to get in as many as possible.

I need to collate mp3s and rip vinyls (thanks to Simcut for helping here), and hopefully when Ibiza season calms down Jules can find time to do this. I would hope we can release as a Christmas special. Watch this space.

Thank you both! Simcut physically has the vinyls that need ripping and I feel bad for pestering him, but if he simply doesn't have time then I might well need your expertise.

I'm aiming for the release of the mix in December, before Christmas,which gives us time to collate the tracks and Jules time to put the mix together.

• 2 months later...

my one track shall be:

Michael Woods - Solex

track means a lot as Jules played it as my classic choice on Radio 1 a few years back! But the original Solex, not the vocal version please :P

Does anybody have this specific mix?

I can't find it anywhere - please PM me ASAP of you do so it doesn't miss Jules's cut! Don't want to let Searchy down... Thanks to anybody who can help

• 1 month later...

Jules's mix is here - somehow squashed into two hours of aural studio pleasure:

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?/topic/9536-judge-jules-christmas-2015-charity-board-mix-exclusive-for-judgejulesarchivecouk/

Veteran member and Moderator, Aza, has also compiled a simply outstanding extra-extra-special complimentary mix including some of those tracks that didn't make it:

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?/topic/9535-aza-presents-jja-10-year-anniversary-mix/

Enjoy both mixes and a very Happy Christmas to everybody from JJA

:)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...