1996-11-xx - Judge Jules, Friday Show, Kiss FM (Tape 1)

DJTomasB

1996-11-xx - Judge Jules, Friday Show, Kiss FM (Tape 1)

View File

Probably 9th or 15th November 1996

01. K Klass - 'Let Me Show' (Klub Mix) [Deconstruciton]

02. Mory Kante - 'Yeke Yeke' ('96 Remixes) (Klubbheads Mega Blast) [Going Global Series/ffrr] Friday Night Club Chart No. 6

03. Hole In One - 'Life´s Too Short' (Live At Paleis Mix) [Manifesto] Friday Night Club Chart No. 2

04. Chicane - 'Offshore' (Disco Citizens Remix) [Xtravaganza] Friday Night Club Chart No. 1

05. Sara Parker - 'MY Love Is Deep' (Nush Northy Dub) [Manifesto]

06. Lisa Stansfield Vs. The Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - People Hold On (The Bootleg Mixes) (Jon Is The Don Mix) [Arista]

07. ETA - 'Casual Sub' (Burning Spears) (Mix?) [EastWest]

08. Panic - 'Get Static' (Mix?) [Vintage]

09. The Difference - 'Funny Walker' (Tweeky And Funky Remix) [blue]

10. The Real Brother 2 Brother - 'I Got A Feeling' (A1 'non-info side' Mix) [City]

11. Discodroids - 'Interspace' (Original Tremolo Mix) [slate]

12. unknown - 'unknown' [white label] probably from "Anything Goes Session"

13. 99 Allstars - 'Luv Is All U Need' (Experts Remix) [99 North]

14. unknown - 'unknown' [white label]

15. unknown - 'unknown' [white label]

Thank you FuzzY-LogiC again for the upload. As my other sounds from KISS 100 FM from Nov. 96 this one was also recorded between 9th and 15th, however, does anybody from JJA community could remember when Chicane with Offshore reached the N.1 in Club Chart to help ID the exact date?

my personal faves here: My Love Is Deep, People Hold On, I Got A Feeling and epic Interspace!

Jason, thanks for ID the K Klass´ mix

• 5 years later...

And one more thing, track n.10 The Real Brother 2 Brother - 'I Got A Feeling Jules caned in this audio is untitled but on vinyl is the one from logo (emtpy) side, not the info side. City 1 - A1 Mix (not City 1 - AA Mix).

On 4/22/2015 at 7:47 PM, DJTomasB said:

Thank you FuzzY-LogiC again for the upload. As my other sounds from KISS 100 FM from Nov. 96 this one was also recorded between 9th and 15th, however, does anybody from JJA community could remember when Chicane with Offshore reached the N.1 in Club Chart to help ID the exact date?

I am wondering if maybe the Kiss FM Club Chart point to the UK Dance Singles Chart...  If it is, Offshore was no.1 December 21st 1996.

As I am not a UK native, I don't know the charts so well, so perhaps someone else can help here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_Dance_Singles_Chart_number_ones_of_1996

https://www.officialcharts.com/artist/31934/chicane/

On 3/20/2021 at 11:45 PM, FuzzY-LogiC said:

I am wondering if maybe the Kiss FM Club Chart point to the UK Dance Singles Chart...  If it is, Offshore was no.1 December 21st 1996.

As I am not a UK native, I don't know the charts so well, so perhaps someone else can help here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_Dance_Singles_Chart_number_ones_of_1996

https://www.officialcharts.com/artist/31934/chicane/

Fuzzy, that is a great idea, it however, does not really help to specify the exact date of the Kiss show. 

Kiss FM Club Chart was mainly supported by the DJs and their "picks" of favourite tunes they dropped in their shows as well as during parties. Simply, Club Chart anticipated (was in advance) the official UK Chart show. Moreover, I am sure I recorded this audio between 9 - 15th November. I still have London´s underground travel cards. In December, I was back in Prague. Unfortunately I was not able to listen / record Judge on KissFM in December 96, fortunately I was back in the Czech rep. with my girlfriend :-)

OK, thanks for the explanation Tomas, it make sense that the clubs were ahead of the official charts :)

Perhaps we can narrow the date down if more audio from that time surfaces...

Good to have such strong memories of your trip to London that many years ago, it reminds me of my first time in London :D

• 2 months later...

02. Mory Kante - 'Yeke Yeke' ('96 Remixes) (Klubbheads Mega Blast) [Going Global Series/ffrr] Friday Night Club Chart No. 6

03. Hole In One - 'Life´s Too Short' (Live At Paleis Mix) [Manifesto] Friday Night Club Chart No. 2

04. Chicane - 'Offshore' (Disco Citizens Remix) [Xtravaganza] Friday Night Club Chart No. 1

06. Lisa Stansfield Vs. The Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - People Hold On (The Bootleg Mixes) (Jon Is The Don Mix) [Arista]

07. Panic - 'Get Static'(Instrumental)

08. Speedy Gonzales ‎– Tell The DJ

10. The Real Brother 2 Brother - 'I Got A Feeling' (A1 'non-info side' Mix) [City]

12. John Surman - Piperspool  from "Anything Goes Session"

15. Zip Code ‎– Tropical Madness

• 1 year later...
On 5/23/2021 at 2:54 PM, Burien said:

07. Panic - 'Get Static'(Instrumental)

08. Speedy Gonzales ‎– Tell The DJ

12. John Surman - Piperspool  from "Anything Goes Session"

15. Zip Code ‎– Tropical Madness

Burien,

Thanks a million! What a TL´s correction. UR the master!

On 6/20/2022 at 10:43 AM, DJTomasB said:

Speedy Gonzales ‎– Tell The DJ

Burien,

having just listened the section of this Kiss show, you are totally right, Jules mentions the Speedy Gonzales tune in the tracklist he played. I had not realized before this was a name of the song.  Once again superb TL correction!