USB Turntable

Uberduck

A few years ago I thought I’d take the initiative to start converting my vinyl to MP3 as I sold my Technics 1210’s to fund the purchase of my CDJ’s. Having sold both my turntables I was left without a means of converting my vinyl. I purchased a ION Profile Pro, but have never really committed the time to starting the process of converting my stock of 300-400 vinyl.

Last month I bit the bullet and attempted converting a few records. To say I am disappointed in the quality is an understatement. The pop and crackle is constant across the recording and while I can remove this on Audacity, it’ll take a lifetime to edit such a large number of recordings. I suspect the problem is at the business end of the process, i.e. the USB turntable, rather than the sound card in my MacBook.

I've done some market research for new USB turntables and have found some pricier models manufactured by Numark.

Have any of you successfully converted vinyl to a high standard using a USB turntable, and if so, what model did you use? I did look at professional vinyl conversion services, before deciding against it because of the disproportionate cost. I’m not adverse to paying a few quid for a decent USB turntable, as I can sell it on and recoup some of my expenditure.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup: