Jules' Classics Set From Luminosity

milkybarkid

Now up on Youtube. Sound is pretty poor, but Jules appeared to be loving it. No (from the bits I listened to) dreaded 'samples' either. Played it slightly safe tune wise, which i suppose was inevitable with the hour set, but still good to see, nonetheless. It appeared to be universally lauded by fans and djs alike on twitter after the event.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Meant to post about this months ago but I thought Jules's set was absolutely fantastic, great track selection and the mixing was decent as well. Not full of those sound samples "Make some noise" and stuff like that either, which was a bonus :)

Probably my favourite set from Lumi this year!

Hope you are all well, will return to some kind of activity on the board in the near future I hope.

I am still surprised this actually happended, but am happy it did. I enjoyed it muchly.

That aside, I hope he would play like this come november again at Karanga 21st part 2 but I doubt it, I'll be expecting the mostly awful classics mashed up appallingly with big room house rubbish and maybe a few untouched classics (which last november when he played were Brainbug - Nightmare and Sothside Spinners - Luvstruck, also Cohen Vs Jens bootleg).

I seem to remember him saying on twitter very recently he was playing a classics set somewhere, though I don't remember if it was a full classics night or anything.

He certainly has mellowed his stance somewhat anyway, when it comes to the classics, but I don't think he'll be playing a set like the above unless it's advertised as such.

Just on the set he'll hopefully be doing for the site, wouldn't it be amazing if he gave us some feedback/memories etc he had from the tunes (even to tell us he always thought it was crap!), I suspect many of which he'll have long forgotten about? It would be far too much to even ask him, though, considering how brilliant it is of him to even think of doing the mix itself.