Neuro & Thirddrive - June Mix

Neuro

Myself and Christian aka @thirddrive had a small mix last month, which I thought I'd put it up for others' enjoyment. Nothing was planned, we just took it in turns to pick random tracks as we went along which was a lot of fun :)

I did the first mix and mixed in the even-numbered tracks; Mr Thirddrive mixed in all the odd-numbered. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/user838341771/ch-tt-2015-06-20

00:00 (1) Royksopp - 'Sordid Affair' (Maceo Plex Remix) [Dog Triumph]
03:05 (2) Anhken - 'Always Look Back' (Original Mix) [Armada Digital]
09:05 (3) Guy J - 'Candyland' (King Unique Remix) [bedrock Digital]
12:44 (4) Anton Firtich pres. AF Project - 'Something Wrong' [Flashover Recordings]
20:28 (5) Magit Cacoon - 'Love Express' [upon.You]
22:39 (6) Fred Baker pres. Saona - 'Saona' (Andy Duguid Remix) [Magik Muzik]
28:29 (7) Vadim Soloviev - 'Forma Perpetua' [Anjunadeep]
32:28 (8) Hiroyuki Oda - 'Submarine' (Shingo Nakamura Remix) [Otographic Music]
38:24 (9) Alex M.O.R.P.H. - 'Sacred Heart' [Vandit]
44:41 (10) Kosheen - 'Catch' (Ferry Corsten Remix) [bMG]
50:36 (11) Gai Barone - 'Mr Slade' (Solarstone's Pure Mix) [Afterglow Records]

55:45 (12) Weekend Players - 'Into The Sun' (Riva Remix) [Multiply Records]
62:26 (13) JM - 'S’envoler' (Extended Version) [impetuous]

This looks and sounds like a lot of fun - kinda wish I could've maybe joined in the jamming - and great to see you getting together and putting this out there to share.

I'll download this from your Soundcloud link and put it on the phone so I can check it out whilst on the move :)

I enjoyed this mix, thanks both. I think it was actually very well constructed considering - I guess - that you freestyled and just had a jam? Sometimes these are the best way mixes turn out. It would be great at some point, it opportunities and schedules permit to have a spin all together :)

Think track 6 was my fave and was great to hear again. Also, like Fuzzy said, the last three tracks were great and a nice way to round off the set.

Putting the track times was a nice touch - and as I always like to do, I've used those to make a cue sheet which helps compliment the mix file. I've attached it for yourselves and everybody else's liking if of use.

2015-06-20-TimTraillXChristianHann.zip

It would be great at some point, it opportunities and schedules permit to have a spin all together :)

I think there are a few who feel the same.

Relatedly, I seem to remember talk of a club night once here. Perhaps revive this idea but something smaller like a pub back room; some beers, decks and the old and bold from the board turning up to have a spin and chat? Thinking out loud here more than anything, but if there is appetite...

• 2 months later...