Obscure white label called 'Sunrise'

philw

Hi Everyone ..

first of all top, top website !! my sincere thanks and congratulations .. truly wicked site .. !!

but , here is a genuine trance puzzler !! ..

... I have been trying to identify an obscure white label the Judge played years ago .. as I recall it was called 'Sunrise', I think the Judge described it as a white label .. , and in my dim and distant memory, it was played on the Judges Saturday afternoon show .. also I have a feeling it was played alongside the '3 Fingers' Remix of 'Flaming June' by BT.

Please could anyone tell me , who did this track ?? .. and where can I get hold of it ?? ..

Track : Sunrise .. a white label ..

does ANYONE out there have any info ?? .. this is my last hope to find this gorgeous track !!

thanks for your time !!

trance on ;)))

thanks guys , I really appreciate your help in tracking down this elusive track ..

... it is not any remix of Ratty ;Sunrise; .. unfortunately ...

I got excited by the possibility it was Rikki de Clerk .. but I listened to it , and sadly , this is not the track .. (great track , though !!) ..

I guess The Quest to find the worlds most elusive white label continues !! ...

(... if it is any help , it was definitely NOT a vocal trancer ... it was a tight little gem of a trancer ..)

as for the year and month .. I am sorry to say , I am struggling to remember !! :eek: .. I guess, maybe , around early to mid 2000's ..

but nice to know there is a community of great people who are willing to help !! :)

... thanks a lot !! seriously .. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

I will keep looking .. :eek:

Welcome to the site!

Perhaps it was:

M.I.K.E. - Sunrise At Palamos [XTC / Bonzai]

Would have been a bit earlier, from 2000/2001. It's been re-released digitally now but they all lack the mid-range warmth you find from the original vinyl copies (just my opinion!), so I'd recommend seeking out an old vinyl on discogs.com - if this is the one!

• Like 1

... thanks a lot folks !! ... your time and help is much appreciated :thumbsup:

sadly , it is definitely none of these songs .. :boohoo:

Just what the hell did the Judge play ?? :wall: :eek: ... he definitely played it , it was a track called 'sunrise' and was awesome !!

btw Neuro , I totally agree with you about the digital versions of 'Sunrise at Palamos' .. this is one of my all time favourite tracks :thumbsup: .. I have the original vinyl 12" also .. and yes, it sounds far , far better than the newer digital releases !!

also, for what it is worth .. the same applies to Push 'Electric Eclipse ' and Push 'Tranzy State ...' .. .. :D;)

Trance will never die .. ))))

F.A.O Neuro

As it was played on one of Jules's Sat shows then it should be listed on a Tracklisting in the Archives. I have tried searching for it in the Archives via the "search feature" on this site but unfortunately l don't think l am going about it in the right way so perhaps you could have a go. However l expect you have already done this :redface: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

F.A.O Neuro

As it was played on one of Jules's Sat shows then it should be listed on a Tracklisting in the Archives. I have tried searching for it in the Archives via the "search feature" on this site but unfortunately l don't think l am going about it in the right way so perhaps you could have a go. However l expect you have already done this :redface: :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Chrissie .. :)

I think I am now resigned to the fact this is just THE most elusive track ever & I will be very lucky to ever hear it again .. I doubt even Jules knows what it is (was) ..

I give up !! :wall:

.... thanks all for your help , much appreciated .. :)

(I still have this niggly feeling it was a sneaky little Darren Tate white label, (it sounded like a stripped down Darren Tate track, if U know what I mean) .. but, there is no information that he ever did a song called 'Sunrise' .. :confused: :rolleyes:

... maybe it is just one of those gorgeous tracks that is destined to be played just once , but never forgotten .....) :sweatingbullets:

BTW, if anyone out there knows anything at all about it , please DO let me know !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Never give up...! Some of us are still searching for unknown tracks from 99 and before.

Can you remember if anyone other than Jules used to play the track?

And yes, do ask the man himself... he might just remember that tune... :thumbsup:

F.A.O Neuro

I think I am now resigned to the fact this is just THE most elusive track ever & I will be very lucky to ever hear it again .. I doubt even Jules knows what it is (was) ..

(I still have this niggly feeling it was a sneaky little Darren Tate white label, (it sounded like a stripped down Darren Tate track, if U know what I mean) .. but, there is no information that he ever did a song called 'Sunrise' .. :confused: :rolleyes:

... maybe it is just one of those gorgeous tracks that is destined to be played just once , but never forgotten .....) :sweatingbullets:

BTW, if anyone out there knows anything at all about it , please DO let me know !! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Aye - never give up indeed! I knew of a White Label that never got released. Managed to get hold of a tape cut of it 5 years ago.. stuck it on youtube, Oakenfold reposted, producer of the track got in touch with me & one thing lead to another ... as of this year the track got released on CD on DAT Recordings!!

• 4 weeks later...

Never give up...! Some of us are still searching for unknown tracks from 99 and before.

Can you remember if anyone other than Jules used to play the track?

And yes, do ask the man himself... he might just remember that tune... :thumbsup:

F.A.O Neuro

BTW, if anyone out there knows anything at all about it , please DO let me know !! :thumbsup:

thanks guys, for all your help ! seriously .. thanks .

I think I have no choice but to contact the Judge and ask him .. but I think he will be way too busy to respond ...

I REALLY do want to hear this track again !! it was soooo amazing !! .. seems a shame it is destined to die in the ether .. & never heard again ..

I will post here, if I get a reply !!

• 2 months later...

Possibly a track that a. Never got a release or b. Was renamed after that first airing. That tended to happen a bit back then. Good luck in your ongoing search.

yes, that is a worrying possibility :ermm: .. but I will not stop looking, and thanks for your good wishes .. !!

Again folks: Track : 'Sunrise' described by the Judge as a white label , broadcast on BBC Radio 1, I think about 2000/2001 ( I think it was in the autumn, (broadcast if I remember correctly. alongside the '3 Fingers' remix of Flaming June by BT) on the Judges Saturday show ) , it was straight up synth trance , no vocal .. sounded a bit like Darren tate !

​If any one has any clue as to the identity of this incredibly elusive track, please let me know ! thanks guys !

(I am on a mission ! LOL)