Obscure white label called 'Sunrise'

philw

Aye - never give up indeed! I knew of a White Label that never got released. Managed to get hold of a tape cut of it 5 years ago.. stuck it on youtube, Oakenfold reposted, producer of the track got in touch with me & one thing lead to another ... as of this year the track got released on CD on DAT Recordings!!

yeah , that's definitely pretty cool .. nice one ;))

• 2 weeks later...

sadly no ! but nonetheless, some nice tracks !! thanks for your assistance in THE Quest !

.. this was a stripped down trance number .. no vocal ..

it was a bare bones trance track .. but extremely melodic .. no vocals , but extremely uplifting, also I think, a classic Nord bass line ! .

I heard it during the autumn of 2001 (ish) .. on the Judges radio show , almost certainly his Saturday show, almost certainy before or after the '3 fingers' remix of Flaming June by BT .. & described by the Judge as a white label called ' Sunrise' ..it wasn't on a Friday, because I was an AVID listener to his Friday night show and I would certainly remember it if it was on Friday night..)))

all comments suggestions, very gratefully received ..

Couple more possibilities:

G&M Project - Feeling The Sunrise

DJ Ittybitty Vs. DJ Stabak‎– Sunrise

thanks for your suggestions .. I listened to them both ( and I am now sounding like a stuck Judge Jules record !! hah hah) but unfortunately neither of these were the track I remember .. (but totally love the quirky old skool 'DJ Ittybitty Vs. DJ Stabak‎– Sunrise' !!) very cool track .. ;))

.. also, very cool that there is a forum of like minded people ..

well , if nothing else I am becoming a bit of an expert on massive trancers called 'sunrise' !! .. and that's pretty cool !

... but seriously I would very much like to identify this obscure and mythical track .. all suggestions very gratefully received ;))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did it have a vocal, was it uplifting or dark?

Are you sure it was not a remix with sunrise in the title (Dj Tiestos in search of sunrise mix) as an example?

sorry for the delay in replying ..

it was defiantely described by the Judge as a ' white label' ...

& no, it was definately not Tiesto's In search of sunrise ' .. although this is a amazingly good track (!) & it did not have a vocal and it was not dark ..  quite the opposite in fact !!

it was a melodic uplifting insrtumental trancer ..;))

.... it sounded very much like a Darren Tate track .. I would not be surprised if it was him .. but there is no record of him doing a track called 'Sunrise'  ..

I am intrigued by what you said about 3 fingers .. do you have a copy of this ?? I would love to hear it again ..

and yes, it was definately played by the Judge after the 3 fingers mix of BT;s  Flaming June .. circa 2000/1 +

also, thanks for your help .. !! totally awesome ..;)))) :thumbsup: 

Just thinking out aloud but Darren Tate vs Jon Grant - Let The Light Shine In was around this time. Could it be this? As drtim mentioned a lot of tracks got renamed before release. I remember spending hours searching record shops for B Jammin' - Science only to find that it was released under the name Genetic Junk.

Did it have a vocal, was it uplifting or dark?

Are you sure it was not a remix with sunrise in the title (Dj Tiestos in search of sunrise mix) as an example?

sorry for the delay in replying ..

it was defiantely described by the Judge as a ' white label' ...

& no, it was definately not Tiesto's In search of sunrise ' .. although this is a amazingly good track (!) & it did not have a vocal and it was not dark ..  quite the opposite in fact !!

it was a melodic uplifting insrtumental trancer .. ;))

.... it sounded very much like a Darren Tate track .. I would not be surprised if it was him .. but there is no record of him doing a track called 'Sunrise'  ..

I am intrigued by what you said about 3 fingers .. do you have a copy of this ?? I would love to hear it again ..

and yes, it was definately played by the Judge after the 3 fingers mix of BT;s  Flaming June .. circa 2000/1 +

also, thanks for your help .. !! totally awesome .. ;)))) :thumbsup:

System F - Solstice -

3 Fingers - 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

this is a great track ! .. thank you ..

I think , that the mysterious white label ' Sunrise ' will never be rediscovered ! 

I wonder who it was who actually did it ? where are they now ?

thanks guys for all your help !! totally awesome .. and much appreciated !

BTW , Happy Halloween !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:23 PM, Mr-B said:

What about this ?

Slusnik Luna – Sun (Original Mix) was on White Label then

Or even this one?

Slusknik Luna ' Sun'  is one of the all time trance greats !

sadly, it is not any of the tracks listed above , but most sincerely , thanks for all your help !

( I am still amazed it is so rare and obscure !) I cant belive it ! it sounded amazing !

good news is I just found a few old Judge Jules audio cassette recordings i made at the time  , so i am gonna go through them and see if i can find it ! .. of course, if i do find it , i will tranfer to MP3 & post it right here, immediately !

.. RESPECT everyone ! keep on trancing ;))

& thanks for all your help ;)