Obscure white label called 'Sunrise'

philw

I'm having a random guess here but... is it this?! Although it's 1999... but still :)

It could also be Infernal - Sunrise, which was a white label release on Combined Forces

https://www.discogs.com/Infernal-Sunrise/release/2964660

Or DJ Itty Bitty - Sunrise on Front Records:-

Edited by Simcut
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:51 PM, FuzzY-LogiC said:

"it was straight up synth trance , no vocal .. sounded a bit like Darren tate"...

Hmm, it's not the Infernal track then. I got that whitelabel and it definitely has vocals.

thanks FuzzY-LogiC .. yes, you are entirely correct,  it is not Infernal !

Listen , thanks to EVERYONE for ALL your totally awesome help .. sadly I have still not found this incredibly rare & curiously elusive trance track  ..

but i really just want to say thank you to everyone who has suggested a track !

I may not have found this particular track,  but the fact that so many awesome people on this forum have helped me search for it is  .. well, that is so very TranZy & ultra cool !

Thank U everyone !

I will keep checking back in case anyone has discovered a hiodden audio tape  ;)))

• 2 months later...

just a thought but its not Marco V - Solarize (sounds similar to Sunrise) 2003 is it?

Also check out Sunrise records on discogs as they were formed in 2000, DJ's around that time would often get a White label / Acetate that had just had the record companies name and release number hand written on it and they read it out thinking it was the Artist / Title. JJ was guilty of that a few times over the years.

https://www.discogs.com/label/2181-Sunrise-Recordings?sort=year&sort_order=

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

"it was straight up synth trance , no vocal .. sounded a bit like Darren tate"...

Hmm, it's not the Infernal track then. I got that whitelabel and it definitely has vocals.

thanks fuzzy logic ( for all your help ..) ! much appreciated my friend ..

I am not giving up !! .. but I am temporarily resting the hunt for this elusive gem of a trance track ..

(personally, I DO think it was a ludicrously rare Darren Tate white label ... transmitted only once on BBC Radio 1 .. )

who knows ??

Ill deffo  keep looking ... again, thanks for everyone on this great forums generous help ... :D

Did you contact Darren Tate????? If he doesn't respond, try again. Yes, these guys are busy but at the same time so is everyone! The least you'll get is "I don't ever recall doing a track called "Sunrise"". 

Also look at old radio one web pages on the "internet archive". You never know, you may find the tracklist of this show. 

• 2 months later...
On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:14 PM, Jivemaster said:

Did you contact Darren Tate????? If he doesn't respond, try again. Yes, these guys are busy but at the same time so is everyone! The least you'll get is "I don't ever recall doing a track called "Sunrise"". 

Also look at old radio one web pages on the "internet archive". You never know, you may find the tracklist of this show. 

yes, believe me , I have searched exhaustively to the finest detail ! ... but I like your idea about contacting Darren Tate directly ...

this is the absolute last throw of the dice ....

I will do it ... and I will report back if a positive outcome  .... nice one ;)))

• 2 months later...

I just discovered a genuine big box full !!  ; loads and loads of classic Judge Jules cassette tapes ..!

some are damaged ..  but some are salvable ...

I recorded every Friday night for a few years !

I will try and find a way to digitise them and upload them to your excellent channel ;))

as for the white label song entitled 'sunrise' , unless it turns up on one of my cassette tapes  (!) .. it is a long and gone song !

( gone and forgotten!)

but that's okay !

thank U everyone on the forum who took the time to make some suggestions ..

thanks guys !

13 hours ago, philw said:

I just discovered a genuine big box full !!  ; loads and loads of classic Judge Jules cassette tapes ..!

some are damaged ..  but some are salvable ...

I recorded every Friday night for a few years !

I will try and find a way to digitise them and upload them to your excellent channel ;))

Amazing!  Good to hear there are still popping tapes up with Jules! :D

Do you have an idea of which period they were recorded?

Also, please do create mp3 files in 192kbps or higher as 128kbps sounds horrible. There are more subtleties in an old cassette recording than one might think :)

Holla if you need advice on the digitizing process.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 6:03 PM, Elastic1 said:

Did the lyrics go “as the sun sets, then the moon rises” By any chance?

i have a white label called sunrise from around that time. 

That one sounds like a track played by Seb Fontaine back in 2002 Sunrise - "Sunrise [Sun Mix]" (Sunrise)

https://www.discogs.com/Sunrise-Sunrise/release/47072

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, FuzzY-LogiC said:

Also, please do create mp3 files in 192kbps or higher as 128kbps sounds horrible. There are more subtleties in an old cassette recording than one might think :)

yes, I have a massive stash of Friday night Judge Jules 9-11pm tapes ...

I thought I had a Yamaha analogue tape player  but apparently it is no more !!

( someone (!!)  he/she who shall be nameless !!) .. threw it out in the skip !! Grrr ...:blink:

I will deffo get a new tape player and I will upload digital versions as soon as I can  ...

…. its important to keep this awesome trance archive alive and growing ..:ph34r::)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Happy to say , lost and found !!!  :D

wahey !! it  finally TURNED UP !!  on a cassette tape  , alongside Push electric eclipse ,  you know , the really shit hot version , that was never released and was only played on the Judges show on Radio 1 !!

my bro found it  … buried in a pile of cassettes ,  we R gonna deffo transfer it to digital and upload it to this site … !! RESPECT Bro !!!

I haven't heard it yet, but I am told it is every bit as good as I remember !!

cant wait to hear it ..

bTw : my bro shazam it , no recognition  .. so it is unheard of  … probably only played once on the judges show .. a genuine obscure white label !

I will upload it here in the next few weeks  , just got to buy a decent tape player ..

thanks everyone for help in trying to track it down :D!

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, FuzzY-LogiC said:

yes, there is no point in uploading  a horrible sounding low fi version !!

we are going to buy a high quality cassette player, and transfer to digital using either a Focusrite or a Native instruments ADAC  ..

I have a Focusrite , likely we will use the N.I because for this purpose it is more convenient .. :D

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure, but putting two and two together.....the track is in that show there, it was either Rikki de Clerck ‎– Sunrise as was suggested quite early in this thread or it was maybe  the track G.D.* ‎– Meri Jaan and he thought it was called sunrise as it was mentioned earlier in the show. 

Both tracks ended up on Mondo so not Darren Tate produced but definitely in the same mould. 

• 2 months later...