Judge Jules - 'Ibiza Classics' - Released 01-07-2016

drtim

A nice collection for any youngsters or any casual dance fan that doesnt already own these tracks as singles or mostly on a million over compilations out there. Describing it as 'The greatest Ibiza Classics of all time' is a bit of a push though. I do not fully agree at all.

Not one I will buy (even the unmixed download version is all radio edits). Not that I buy classics comps or mix comps in general. It is not aimed at the likes of me :lol:

Basically The Jules classics comps are Universals rival to Sonys Tongs classics.

• Like 1

Looks like another anthems comp to fall in the sea of existing ones. It's a shame, as many of the records Jules carried around in his swag bag were brilliant. Even the not so well known ones ... and the problems with Copyright on the Boots and Mashups ... that's why I am doing those JJRetromixes and showcase many of the tunes that rocked in the 90s that never get any play these days. Most these big release comps are a waste of time. Not for club connoisseurs.

That's the thing, it has to be the same small pool of tracks mostly used over and over a millions times to get the youngsters and such to buy the comps.

It's a shame when MOS moved away from having Big names mix their regular series of comps for mister mastering engineer using pro tools to save the money they were paying the big names. The downfall has gone from there.

That and with the evolution of online streaming.

• Like 1

That's the thing, it has to be the same small pool of tracks mostly used over and over a millions times to get the youngsters and such to buy the comps.

It's a shame when MOS moved away from having Big names mix their regular series of comps for mister mastering engineer using pro tools to save the money they were paying the big names. The downfall has gone from there.

That and with the evolution of online streaming.

For sure ... a lot of the MOS were computer mixed, anyway ... even the earlier ones

I see he played another classics set at Luminosity the other week too, started with 'That Fuct Camera'.

For a man who resisted the whole classics thing for a long time, he's fully embracing it now. Wonder if the mix he did on here blow the dust of some fond memories for him and make him embrace it a bit more.

• 3 weeks later...