FuzzY-LogiC

Hey guys'n gals.

Check this out.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1829814

Reviews:

http://headfonics.com/2016/07/the-isolate-noise-blockers-by-flare-audio/

http://hifipig.com/flare-audio-isolate-and-isolate-pro/

https://rideapart.com/articles/flare-audio-isolate-gear-review

I know there has been some talk of tinnitus and the use of protective earplugs here.

Having permanently damaged my own ears thanks to clubbing and concerts, I for one know the difference it can make if you learn to enjoy a night out with earplugs rather than waking up the next day with a ringing head. However, with all the good and bad earplugs I've tried, I always end up wanting to pull out the plugs for when the good tracks drop and you really want to hear and feel the music!

In other words, I think earplugs distance you from the aural experience you want to have.

These looks really promising though, specially because of the bone conduction which make me curiously intrigued whether I can actually have a good concert experience again, while protecting my ears!

I just bought 4 Pro sets, for me, my girlfriend and my mate... and a spare set for when I have misplaced or dropped one of the earbuds :)

Really hope they live up to the reviews!

Btw, the price is going up after the Indiegogo campaign ends, so get it while it's lower than retail :)

Oh and remember there isn't a price on your ears... I know £46 aren't cheap, but I do believe it's money well spent.

--Fuzzy

Starting to wear earplugs was one of the best decisions I've made and I won't go clubbing without some now. I too have suffered hearing loss from DJing and clubbing and it was completley preventable.

I generally use two pairs: the Audio Relief ER-20 which were designed to cut the frequencies in a clean way and some basic M3 Foam ones. The ER-20s give a higher sound quality, but get uncomfortable to wear quickly. The foam ones are comfortable but muffle the sound.

All told I prefer the foam ones. I don't mind the muffled sound; at most decent night clubs the music is so loud you can feel the kick drum let alone hear it and when something is that loud it is painful and distorts anyway.

These earplugs look worth a try though - thanks for the link.

I certainly will not be jumping on the bandwagon for these, I have been using the £10 alpine ones for a few years, I never need pay any more money than that. Flare audio seem to be very childish when it comes to certain types of comments posted on their Facebook. I asked what makes their earplugs any better than the £10 ones (i never mentioned the name Alpine), they didn't like this comment so they removed it and blocked me from being able to like the page or comment ever again. Hardly endears.

Sounds like there may not be much of a difference by that response Jason! Horses for courses I suppose but I would have thought anything made by Alpine is going to be of reasonable quality and function.

Interesting stuff. Though it doesn't fix the origin of why we should need these earplugs in the first place, if clubs actually balanced their soundsystems better. The amount of times I have stepped into a big club and the bass is so bloody loud and overpowering that all you're getting is your ribcage rattling with a BOOMING 4/4, and absolutely no mid-range texture whatsoever, or melody, which are all lost. It's actually tiresome.

Although it can go the other way round with no bass and too much high end: the worst ever ear ringing I ever experienced was actually in the Jazz Cafe in Camden many years ago and it was very obvious from the moment I stepped through the door that the treble was way too high - it actually hurt my ears whilst I was in there and I knew it was bad. I had ringing for 3 days straight, couldn't hear myself, and I'm not afraid to admit that it genuinely frightened the hell out of me. Although it thankfully subsided, I promised myself never to expose my ears to that again... If you ever get it, the best medicine for your ringing ears is definitely absolute silence for as long as you possibly can - and a dose of patience and hope that they will try to fix themselves, although sometimes they just won't get back to the level they were before.

Earplugs are cool and everyone should wear them; whether you opt for some high-end ones like these or the cheap foam ones you get from Boots, they offer significant protection than going without.

• Like 1

I know Jules was involved with a campaign to protect your hearing a few years ago. I remember he was interviewed on Sky News regarding this topic. Did he even wear earplugs back then - I think probably not? And does he suffer from any loss of hearing / tinnitus these days?