New Hi-Gate Music?

milkybarkid

Jules recently tweeted alluding to something coming with Hi-Gate. Bit out of the blue that one. Not sure how I feel about it, Jules' recent productions have been ok, haven't heard anything from Masterson so can't really comment. Just hope it in't a cash in job, after the recent flux of producers going back to the 99 style (Ferry, MIKE, Steve Thrillseekers).

Maybe it's just a dreaded remix of an old tune, but it doesn't sound that way.

More hopeful it may see some of those unreleased tracks, pre fallout, now get brought out.

Something quite special is coming very soon.... 1f913.png#judgement #hi-gate #2016 #music #house #trance #progressive #TranceFamily

• 1 month later...

The new Caned & Unable is on Global Warmup 664 at 44 minutes in:

Also the guest mix is only 15 minutes long? pointless!.

This is the first time in years I have bothered listening to a weekly Jules show and  his choice of tracks seem to be middle of the road  hum drum stuff. Nothing excites me. Maybe I am just getting old I don't know :lol:

Yeah, that's what I thought Jason. Then I went to see John Digweed at MOS last weekend. I was absolutely blown away - it was incredible! There's a guy, 49 years old (1 year younger than Jules), who has been in the scene just as long, and who continues to support good, underground music thereby maintaining his credibility. He rocked the place too - it was completely rammed, with the young and not-so-young (me!), to the point where people were having to stand in the two corridors because The Box was full!

Now Jules, for some reason, has chosen to support shitty, EDM-style trash (in my opinion). Perhaps he genuinely likes it? If so then that's cool, we all have different tastes. But if he had gone down the deeper / tech / techno route after the trance bubble finally burst, he'd still be getting booked for decent gigs like the others of his age - Cox, Sasha, Tong, Laurent Garnier, Paul Van Dyk, Sven Vath and John Digweed. The techno sound would not have been a million miles away from some of the harder stuff he used to support either.  

I really wish he had done this. I would love to go and see him smash out some house & techno! 

As we all know, he's a very bright chap, and so the decision to minimise his credibility within 'the scene' was obviously a considered one.

And he is of course entitled to do it  ...  I just don't understand it!