Judge Jules - Friday 26th March 1999

Simcut

Hey guys

Recorded this show from tape today!

01. Lost Witness - 'Happiness Happening' (Lange Mix) [white label]

02. Chicane - 'Saltwater' [Xtravaganza]

03. Hollis P Monroe - I'm Lonely (Roadblock Remix)

04. AnjuMan - 'Speaka No English' (Johan S DeTox Club Mix) [s-Records]

05. Loop Da Loop - 'Miracle Maker' [Manifesto]

06. The Shrink - 'Wicked' [Nutrition]

07. Mauro Picotto - 'Lizard' [Nukleuz]

08. Mauro Picotto - 'Lizard' (Tall Paul Remix) [VC Recordings]

09. Armand van Helden - 'Boogie Monster' [Armed]

10. C.M.S. - 'Unknown' [white label]

11. Frame Six - 'Spellbound EP' [Raygun]

12. Pussy 2000 - 'Funky Music' [spacefunk Recordings]

13. Art Of Trance - 'Madagascar' (Ferry Corsten Mix) [Platipus]

14. The Olmec Heads - 'Spiritualised' [Neo]

15. Lovechild - 'Liberta' (Moonman Mix) [Neo]

16. DJ Lottie - 'The Sound' [Duty Free]

17. Shut Up & Dance - Green Man (Marco V. & Benjamin Mix) [Talking In Tones]

18. DJ Sakin - No Mans Land (Lange Mix) [Positiva]

19. DJ Dan Presents Needle Damage - 'That Zipper Track' [Moonshine Music]

Judge Jules' 30 minute Mix

20. Friends Of Matthew - 'Out There' (Lange Mix) [Perfect World]

21. Rank 1 - 'Black Snow' [iD&T]

22. Transformer 2 - 'I Just Can't Get Enough 99' [Rudeboy Recordings]

23. DJ Tiesto - 'Theme From Norefjell' [blackhole]

24. Taucher - 'Bizarre' [scuba]

25. CRW - 'I Feel Love' [Media]

Here are the links! ;)

Part 1

Part 2

Enjoy!

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to nit pick, and potentially muck up a seemingly complete tracklist, but I feel there's a bit of a muck up with this. I think it should read like this:

07. Mauro Picotto - 'Lizard' (Tall Paul Re-Edit) [unknown]

08. <--- ID --->

For one, the track after Lizard does not sound like the Tall Paul Remix. Secondly, Jules says that it's a Tall Paul Re-Edit not mix. Finally, Jules is a bit ambiguous about weather there are actually two distinct mixes of the same track, saying '...and then two mixes including a brand new Tall Paul Re-Edit of Lizard from Mauro Picotto,'. That could just as easily mean a mix of something we don't know plus the Tall Paul edit as it does two mixes of Lizard. On top of that he doesn't say which order they are in, we're just assuming it's after because he finishes by mention Lizard. Based on the fact it's clearly not the Tall Paul Remix, I think my suggested correction stands!

:)

05. Loop Da Loop - 'Miracle Maker' [Manifesto] is (Jump Up House Mix) (Judge Jules Edit)

07. is the Tall Paul Edit on VC.

08. Could be a remix of Lizard, probably one we never got over here, I've tried finding samples of the other mixes released in Italy n that to no avail.

Sorry to nit pick, and potentially muck up a seemingly complete tracklist, but I feel there's a bit of a muck up with this. I think it should read like this:

07. Mauro Picotto - 'Lizard' (Tall Paul Re-Edit) [unknown]

08. <--- ID --->

For one, the track after Lizard does not sound like the Tall Paul Remix. Secondly, Jules says that it's a Tall Paul Re-Edit not mix. Finally, Jules is a bit ambiguous about weather there are actually two distinct mixes of the same track, saying '...and then two mixes including a brand new Tall Paul Re-Edit of Lizard from Mauro Picotto,'. That could just as easily mean a mix of something we don't know plus the Tall Paul edit as it does two mixes of Lizard. On top of that he doesn't say which order they are in, we're just assuming it's after because he finishes by mention Lizard. Based on the fact it's clearly not the Tall Paul Remix, I think my suggested correction stands!

:)

Nah mate, I know Lizard like the back of my hand....he played the "Picotto Mix" and then the "Tall Paul Mix" - very cleverly done, I didnt notice for a minute lol :D

7 is Def Tall Pauls Edit and 8 isnt the tall Paul Remix that I know, in fact can't ever remember it sounding likt this at all! so unless theres mutliple Tall Paul Mixes (The Edit is a Edit of the Megavoices Mix remember) I havent a bloodey clue. :ph34r::unsure:

Nah mate, I know Lizard like the back of my hand....he played the "Picotto Mix" and then the "Tall Paul Mix" - very cleverly done, I didnt notice for a minute lol :D

Its the Tall Paul Edit that Jules plays though, not the Tall Paul Mix. The Tall Paul Remix is different entirely. Even if he plays the Picotto Mix then the TP Edit, there is still a tune between Lizard(s) and Boogie Monster which needs IDing.

• 1 month later...
DJ Sakin "No Mans Land" (Lange Mix) is a great tune and reminds me of DT8 "Destination".

BTW What's happened to Lange as haven't heard anything new from this artist for a few years.

firstly, thanks sooooo much for posting this. The friday night shows used to be top notch. I was 17 at the time of this show...The judge jules shows of this era inspired me to get into DJing and this sound back then was amazing. It still to this day, listening to this, makes the hairs stand on end.

Secondly...my gosh...the friends of matthew remix by Lange is the best thing he's ever done. I dont quite know why Lange changed his style cos this sound is perfect for the clubs. Lange at this time was unstoppable and was immitated beyond belief. No one did the breakdowns like Lange. 99 was all about Lange, Darey and Corsten. I always thought Lange was THE producer of 99.

A very special year that was with a lot of special tunes. I remember them all like it was yesterday.

Once again, thanks for the upload, this has bought many happy memories back.

Oi Tim, why are you taking the credit you cheeky bastard lol ;):P

Yeah, Lange in his day was absolutely awesome! :-D

I would say my favourite Lange mix was Ultra 5 - Potion....god there are so many to choose from though!

Welcome to the board Stuart :)

Archived