Digger - Episode 1 Finally purchased

Tremor

I Finally got hold of this and it came yesterday.

Been keeping an eye out for a more decently priced copy on Discogs for ages. Got it for 35 euros. There were 2 other copies for sale at the time. One for £60 and one for £100! There's now one on for £15 I see but it's only "VG" condition which probably means pretty bad to be honest. Really pleased with the condition of the copy I got. The same seller has another one for same price but with a torn sleeve.

The great thing was that this seller included an extra 5 tunes for free which was a total surprise. I actually ordered 3 tunes and got 8. The freebies were pretty good though and rather than them just being random it seemed he had tried to pick ones i would like based on my order. For example I ordered Breeder - Twilo Thunder as one of my other tunes and he chucked in another Breeder Tune also.

Very happy all round anyways. Church of Ra is one of my all time favourite tunes and not that many people have it. Please to say that I now do though.

You've done well there! Good track and one I have shunned many times because of the price tag which back in the day used to run into the £££. I would suggest doing a nice 320k rip of it if you can whilst it's in good nick!

I would also highly recommend Digger - 'Gatwick', which I only discovered a few years back... it takes a slightly different journey and has possibly the most melancholy ending I've ever heard in a piece of dance music! Perhaps he knew something we didn't! :(

Gatwick:

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/audio/misc/Gatwick.mp3

Twisted Grace:

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/audio/misc/Twisted_Grace.mp3

Just listening to a sample of Gatwick. It's certainly a more chilled track. I have Episode 2 - Fallen Angel which is a brilliant tune - another great example of quality '99 trance. Then I also have "Look Ahead" which I think I just bought in with another order because it was only a couple of quid. To be honest I cant even remember how it goes but I must dig it out for a listen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have complained on here many times about labels' irresponsible attitude towards their catalogue pre-"digital" era i.e. not bothering to release or digitize their back catalogue before 2003... now I see another top quality label (which I thought had folded forever) now fully resurrected and selling it's Trance gems from 1999.

Good on you Casa Nostra, and thank you!!

I just spent over £25 digitizing my vinyl from their store, and fine by me B)

I have complained on here many times about labels' irresponsible attitude towards their catalogue pre-"digital" era i.e. not bothering to release or digitize their back catalogue before 2003... now I see another top quality label (which I thought had folded forever) now fully resurrected and selling it's Trance gems from 1999.

I'm split over this issue. It takes the fun out of vinyl hunting when suddenly every man (or woman) and their dog can download a track which was previously a rarity. I would still happily snap up a proper vinyl copy of a much loved rarity despite it being available on MP3 but it does take something away from it because you could just download the tune and have it. On the other hand when you just cant find an old tune on vinyl anywhere you begin to wish the label would just release the MP3 so you can have it. I guess a part of us wants what we cant have but if we have something dont want everone else to have it. I had an MP3 of 'Church of Ra' for a few years before tracking down the vinyl. It was a pretty decent vinyl rip that someone else sent me. It never really felt like I'd owned the tune legitimately though so I was very pleased to get a copy in good condition. I then deleted the previous rip I had and ripped the vinyl I'd bought. It somehow then felt like I had a legitimate MP3 as well.

Anyway I'm pleased for all those who've been after this one for years. It's great to finally get hold of a tune. I guess there will always be some tunes that will never get released on MP3 and the vinyls will at least truly stay a real collector's item.

I agree in one way especially when there's not many copies of something/limited pressings and certain tracks have not been made avilable oustide of this and when you finally back a copy it feels special.

On the other hand it's great when rare as hell tracks that cost silly money to obtain finally become available cheaply.