Judge Jules Secret Santa 2007

Aza

Tim has asked me to put a master thread together on the results of this great bit of fun.

Here we reveal who received who's mix together with the tracklisting and feedback comments. All other members are also encouraged to check out these mix's now that this 'mini comp' has surfaced.

[Moderator's, would you please pin this thread and try merging some of the comments already posted in the other thread. Then, could you kindly delete this text].

I'll kick things off here...

Mix CD Received: Moonman aka Stuart

Tracklisting: Not provided, although have a good feeling on most tracks played. Please could you post your tracklisting?

Feedback Comments: Very good on the whole - loved the intro and first mix was energetic. I did feel that despite the best intentions of trying to stick a few different styles of tracks in, some did not flow in a structured manner, but that's just my opp :confused:

Track highlights for me were Dogz, Deadmau, Fragma (not sure if we discussed this before, but does Durand's style in this track sound like Randy Katana?). I liked the last track too, can't put my finger on the title, but the reverse spin and cut to it was good and it concluded nicely :)

Being picky, would've liked to have the tracks split across the cd too.

One particular track I didn't like and think that was after Dogz, had vox saying something like 'come into my garden'...

All in all and on the whole, thumbs up :thumbsup: and a smile on my face :mrgreen: - well done and great comp!

Justin Haze Signature Mix

Maor Levi vs Sasha & Emerson-Reflect on Scorchio

Reflekt need to feel loved

Deadmau5 vs police - Not Exactly Voices

Signalrunners - Aria Epica (Bart Classen Remix)

York - Farewell To The Moon Airbase Remix

Kyau Vs Albert Seven Skies

Re-Locate Alcatraz Alcatraz

FKN Why (Ayla & Fila remix)

Kyau Vs Albert Kiksu

k90 Red Snapper

Yang & Elp - Electro Disco

Mr Sam Lyteo (Rank 1 remix)

Simon Patterson Bulldozer

Bedrock Heaven Scent (Greg Downey remix)

Well the 'start up' caught me out! tis a solid mix,Im after that Airbase Remixnow choonage! Kiksu into k90 was quality streetage Not Exactly Voices is proper bo-age a noice mixture of stuffage allrounders home run!

One particular track I didn't like and think that was after Dogz, had vox saying something like 'come into my garden'...

All in all and on the whole, thumbs up :thumbsup: and a smile on my face :mrgreen: - well done and great comp!

the track you didnt like was JS16 "Rosegarden".

I've had a "jules moment" and forgotten what tracks i put on the CD! Sorry.

I got a Fuzzy Logic mix. Without wishing to off Mr Fuzzy, the mixing could have been better in places but to be honest, the tunes he picked were spot on that i didnt really care. I was gagging to hear Ayla "Ayla" in there...and it was!!! This is one for the car.

Sorry for the tracklisting confusion lads - you would have thought I of all people would have got this right! :rolleyes:

I was just rushed in getting to my flight. I will try and get what tracklistings I do have up on here soon, but it would be helpful if people posted their own! I hope you all enjoyed each other's mixes :)

btw Moonman I thought your mixing was excellent... there was a tune played about 3 tracks in I need to know the name of... hope you can recollect what you played!

btw Moonman I thought your mixing was excellent... there was a tune played about 3 tracks in I need to know the name of... hope you can recollect what you played!

argh i wish i could remember what i played! i thought that i'd let the receiver find out what the tracks were, if someone can upload a sample i'll be able to tell you. :o I truly intended it to be a one off for the receiver, so much so i now have forgot what i played!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Fuzzy Logic mix i received. He hit the anthems mix spot on. I couldn't have picked or programmed it better TBH.

I have since sold my CDJ's but i shall be returning behind the decks in time...I'm looking into saving up for some Technics and Rane Serato Scratch Live....

Well I guess in relation to the above ^ that will be me as I have Mr Moonman's CD :) I am fairly sure I can ID most tracks, but confirmation from the source would be good a good idea :mrgreen:

Yeah, I agree with Tim, the mixing was great Moonman, but one or two mixes seemed quickly flipped if you get me, but that's just me, I like to keep the fader in the middle for as long as possible...

It would be a good idea if we all upload these somewhere now for the rest of the board, and Steve, 'secret' is now out the window since this thread is titled 'Secret Santa Revealed' B):lol:

Moonman: Do you have a copy of your mix digitally, or should I rip it for the rest of us? O and btw... I was eagerly antiscipating Carl B's remix of Tiesto - thought you were gonna chuck that in?

It was great taking part in this and a great idea, we deffo gotta do this again and hopefully get more and more people participating :)

Moonman: Do you have a copy of your mix digitally, or should I rip it for the rest of us? O and btw... I was eagerly antiscipating Carl B's remix of Tiesto - thought you were gonna chuck that in?

i wanted to put that one in but i just didn't have the time sadly. I don't have a copy digitally either.

Sometimes i do like to flip the mix quickly aswell. I don't like basslines or synths clashing you see. With some tunes that the only way to mix them sadly.

It'd be an idea to maybe upload everyones?

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it Aza, it was, as always, a pleasure to do!

Get what you mean sometimes by avoiding clashes in mixes :)

Stuart mate, do you have any webspace, if I were to rip your cd, where would I upload it?

If I recall correctly, I'm sure your mix ended around 72mins so you could've squeezed it in perhaps ;)

Anyhow, I've uploaded my mix to my site and the tracklisting is below. If you want to go and check it out, grab the link here....

This mix, for me and like others here, was a highlight of some of the great tunes gone by spanning a good era for many of us on here. Hope you like it...

JudgeJulesArchive Secret Santa 2007 - Mixed by Aza

1. DT8 Project - 'Hold Me Till The End' (12 inch mix) [Mondo]

2. Team SR - 'Leaving London' (Original Mix) [Five AM]

3. Mr. Sam vs. Fred Baker pres. As One - 'Forever Waiting' (Original Mix) [Magik Muzik]

4. Bedrock - 'Heaven Scent' (Greg Downey Remix) [bedrock]

5. 4 Strings - 'Let It Rain' (Original Mix) [Nebula]

6. Above & Beyond - 'Tri State' (Robert Nickson Remix) [Anjunabeats]

7. Paul Van Dyk - 'Nothing But You' (Vandit Club Mix) [Vandit]

8. Ferry Corsten - 'Beautiful' (Original Extended Mix) [Flashover]

9. Simon Patterson - 'Bulldozer' [Reset]

10. Insigma - 'Open Our Eyes' (Sean Tyas No Piano Remix) [ATCR]

11. Nickelson - 'Yin' (Solid Globe Remix) [Nic]

12. Mudblood - 'Flaming June 04' [Mudblood]

13. Aza - 'Spectrum' (Live Pioneering Mix Briggsy Edit) [White Label]

14. DK - 'Murder Was The Bass' (Original Mix) [DK]

15. Scott Mac - 'Damager 02' (Original Mix) [Limit]

16. Hi- Gate - 'Caned & Unable' (Starfighter Remix) [incentive]

17. Basic Dawn - 'Pure Thrust' (Nu NRG Remix) [Difuse]

18. Marcel Woods - 'Advanced' (Original Mix) [High Contrast]

Total Time: 79:23 | File Size: 114.43 Mb

Moonman: I appreciate the feedback and i'm sorry for the few nasty mixes here & there. I had 2 days to come up with a tracklist and do a test before handing it off to Tim. It'll be better next time... :)

I haven't received anything yet, but since i'm in Denmark i guess i might receive it sometime next week.

Justin: http://bombjack.dk

It's the 'JJA Edition' :)

I received Aza's Cd which was top notch as always. As I have already commented on MSn to the man himself, the mixing is fluid, with no noticable screw ups, great track sequencing and selection. The stand out tracks for me were Basic Dawn and Mudblood, and a bit of Steve Murano mentalism that is 'Spectrum'. The Mr Sam track was a great surprise also. My only gripe was the selection of Sean Tyas' mix of Insigma - don't mess with the original I say ;):P

But of course, that doesn't detract from the mix, it's just personal taste.

Who got mine?!

I got yours Christian. Listened to it a couple of days ago and very much enjoyed it. A few I didn't know in there and I dare say a few of your own bootlegs. No tracklist though so I'd love to have one so I can ID some of the tunes. Mixing was spot on as well mate. Good stuff!

My tracklist is as follows nathan! Apologies for that, maybe Tim didn't get the attachment. Here it is anyway for all to see:

1) Christian Hann - 'Intro' [studio]

2) M.i.k.e. - 'Moving On In Life' [Armada]

3) Josh Gabriel - 'Summit' [Ogranized Nature]

4) W-Unit - 'Til You Sign' [CDR]

5) Sander van Doorn - 'The Riff' [Maelstrom]

6) Lava - 'Autumn' (Megamind Mix) [Nukleuz]

7) Joris Voorn - 'Missing' [sino]

8) Bart Claessen - 'First Light' [Yakuza]

9) Body Shock - 'Full Moon' [bonzai UK]

10) Ronski Speed - 'Soulseeker' (Stoneface & Terminal Dub) [Euphonic]

11) Mauro Picotto - 'Pegasus' [Nukeluz]

12) Sean Tyas Pres. Logistic - 'One More Night Out' [A State of Trance]

13) Noff & Christian Hann - 'The Ranch' (Christian's Club Mix) [CDR]

14) Daniel Kandi - 'Turnmills' [Fundamental]

15) Goldenscan - 'Only With You' [Armada]

I received Aza's Cd which was top notch as always. As I have already commented on MSn to the man himself, the mixing is fluid, with no noticable screw ups, great track sequencing and selection. The stand out tracks for me were Basic Dawn and Mudblood, and a bit of Steve Murano mentalism that is 'Spectrum'. The Mr Sam track was a great surprise also. My only gripe was the selection of Sean Tyas' mix of Insigma - don't mess with the original I say ;):P

But of course, that doesn't detract from the mix, it's just personal taste.

Who got mine?!

Thank you v.much Mr Hann - appreciate your comments - I did spend a bit of time sifting through some of the great tunes gone by to put them into a special mix for this bit of festive fun :)

Agree with you about the Insigma track, but still, fair play to Tyas, it is a great remix and felt it fitted the mix better. Thanks again to Briggsy (and of course all others who helped edit my track) for this edit, which again, I felt worked with the mix. Mudblood and Basic Dawn are, indeed belters as is, what Tim has said, the Starfighter remix of Caned & Unable...

Wicked tracklist Aza. Could you put that up on the site as an MP3? Some wicked inclusions in your mix. :)

Uber, here are direct links for you to nab the mix, just...

Right click, save target as to download MP3

If you wanna burn this to CD then

Right click, save target as

As promised and now that I've upgraded my option service with BT to unlimited download, I've uploaded Moonma's great mix to me site to share with all. Most of the tracks I've heard, however cannot put a name to them, so unless he nab's this off us before we can, here goes at the Tracklist :)

The mix can be found at: http://www.azamusic.co.uk/moonman/

Cheers again to all - twas great fun B)

1. ???

2. Richard Durand - Sweap & Repeat

3. Fragma - Toca Miracle (Richard Durand remix)

4. Dogzilla - Frozen (Dub Mix)

5. JDS - RoseGarden?

6. Deadmau5 vs Da Police ;) - Not Exactly Voices

7. ???

8. Simon Patterson - We'll See

9. Ayla - Ayla (Danny Nightingale Remix)

10. ???

11. ??? (Sounds like Ferry Corsten remix or Madasgar (something classic anyhow))

1. Sander Van Doorn - Riff - Club Mix

2. Richard Durand - Sweap & Repeat

3. Mark Norman - Niagara - Club Mix Extended

4. Fragma - Toca Me - Richard Durand Remix

5. Dogzilla - Frozen - Dub Mix

6. JS16 - Rosegarden - Club Mix

7. Deadmau5 vs. The Police - Not Exactly Voices - Dumb Dan Edit

8. Dan Stone - Spinal Chord - Original Remake

9. Simon Patterson - We'll See - Club Mix

10. Ayla - Ayla - Danny Nightingale Remix

11. Duderstadt - Smile - Duende Dub

11. Lovechild - Liberta - Moonman Club Mix

that completes it!

Chrissie: Yeah, sure of course! The link is up there and the mix will stay on my site.

Just go to my website (click signature, go to mixes section and look for 'Secret Santa' :))...

No probs for ripping and uploading Moonman's mix btw... :smirk:

Archived