Only 51 weeks til Christmas!!

Briggsy

If someone like you in you in your profile pic come and called me a sc***horpe I'd just laugh anyway. But Sc***horpe is quite a harsh word, altho it was in my first sentence of 2009, kinda ruining my resolution not to swear, but I have a whole year to get it right!

Yes that's because women have to do more than men at Christmas and we are better at planning ahead, realising what's coming and yet we MOAN less about the whole thing too. :)

PS I got some crackers yesterday for 50p in Homebase Simon, Homebase!!!

Edited by Number 2 fan

No I'm afraid I bought a tub of Baubles from Fenwicks (like John Lewis) as they were far better quality and therefore much more of a bargain, plus I keep my decorations year in year out and they need to last, whereas crackers are s*** wherever you buy them and no matter what you pay, THEY ARE JUST CRACKERS so 50p instead of a tenner next December when I have enough to buy already in December is cool!

I'd like to add here that Toys R Us was fab pre christmas but is a bit of a let down in January!! Don't bother with them for sales!

Homebase is good from time to time. At the moment we are selling these table football ... tables, which are like 10 games in one for only £50. With my staff discount I can get it at about £40 and I really want it, but its very big, even for a large house (hence why we dont sell many). Most of the time we sell the usual necessities like paint, wood, wallpaper, and power tools .. and not much else. I am getting bored of working there, but its because I can't connect with many people I work with, only the younger crowds :rolleyes:

Yeah well they are next door to me at TZRUS but they are slightly lower in quality when it come to cheaper end of the market.

I don't care what the finish is as long as I can use it in Kitchen, Hall and living/dining area!! In one big sweep of my downstairs, needs to be wipable if cats puke on it basically, I suppose not the lightest colour either, but if lightest is 50 pounds cheaper I'll have it. ;)