Sunset Memories - Mixed by Aza

Aza

Following on from my request in asking you guys to help me out for a mix title, today I managed to get round to whipping up what I had mind...

Firstly, thank you to all those who helped, I gathered some sweet suggestions from you and adapted on these.

I've never really got round to mixing and putting these tunes in a mix and of course the picture illustrated in the post mentioned above was exactly what I had mind for setting the scene. Most of these tunes were picked up sometime ago and I wanted to structure some sort of set around them and share this with all of you.

We all contribute a fair share of mixes on here and always seek to get from feedback from others because everyone's always kind and constructive. If you get the opportunity, I'd appreciate it if you could check this out and let me know your thoughts; have tried to go for something classic in it's own right and also to blast over the summer at various function. Have edited it down slightly to fit on an audio cd :) .

Enough said, without further a do, here goes:

music_folder_icon.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Soho - Hidden Sun [Noise Traxx]

02. Pryda - Lift (Original Mix) [Pryda]

03. Telepopmusik - Breathe (Indecent Noise pres Baltic Sea Beach Club Remix) [White]

04. Silicone Soul - Right On! (Original Instrumental Version) [Zomba]

05. Signalrunners - 3000 Miles Away (Original Mix) [Five AM]

06. Red Carpet - Alright (Brad Carter Mix) [Positiva]

07. Nalin and Kane - Beachball (Gabriel and Dresden South Beach Vacation Remix) [White]

08. Annie Lennox - The Saddest Song (Kuffdam & Plant Remix) [White]

09. Orbital - Belfast (Leama and Moor Re-Make) [White]

10. Deep Dish - Say Hello (Original Mix) [Positiva]

11. Cara Dillon vs. 2Devine - Black Is The Colour (Coco and Green Remix) [Anjunabeats]

12. Beat Pusher - Murto [Good:As]

13. Fatkid - Southern Sun 2004 (Fatkids White Isle Remix) [White]

14. Gladiator - Now We Are Free (Darren Tate Remix) [White]

Mix Length: 79:46 min | File Size: 112 Mb | File Info: MP3 VBR 128-320 Kbps

download.gif

Right Click > Save Target As...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Listened to this lovely mix of yours yesterday (downloaded it onto my mp3 player) whilst doing a bit of gardening and it sounded great. Very uplifting and had a nice summery feel all though the mix. Loved the first track Soho "Hidden Sun" which is a new one on me. Made me think of Cafe Mamba in Ibiza a place l hope to be visiting again in just over a weeks time. Love most of the other tunes on here too especially "Murto" "Right On" "Alright" and "Now we are Free". Fantastic!

Thank you v.much Chrissie for your kind words!

Indeed, Soho's Hidden Sun is a great tune and have owned that for a very long time. It has Ibiza written all over it doesn't it? :)

Did you know that this track is actually produced by Junior Jack!?

There are a few in there particularly that I've always wanted to spin into a set; Telepopmusik (love the original), Annie Lennox's track, Orbital and Beat Pusher.

I thought it would be great to wrap up this mix with an all time classic of mine - Gladiator - and I actually asked Jules if there was any chance of getting a copy of his remix, which I am also very fond of. Sadly he was in Ibiza and said that the track was at home on another drive and he won't be back for a while, so I had to just go ahead...

Really glad you enjoyed it and thanks for taking the tim to listen - shame we haven't had any gardening weather here in Wales to play some summery music! :)

Thank you v.much Chrissie for your kind words!

Really glad you enjoyed it and thanks for taking the tim to listen - shame we haven't had any gardening weather here in Wales to play some summery music! :)

:lol: The weather here in West Cornwall hasn't been very summery either but l struck it lucky, (for an hour or so) the other day as it stayed dry whilst l was listening to your mix and then the heavens opened again. It was nice while it lasted! The garden is looking really sad now as the flowers have been beaten down by the rain and wind. The only thing that is doing well is the grass and the weeds!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Quadrant!

What a pleasant surprise to see this post and mix resurface. With all the great weather we've had the past few days it's given me the urge to listen back to this again.

I remember we spoke on PM about this mix, too - so again many thanks for taking the time to check it out and of course share your feedback :)

Archived