Jules @ Inside Out, 29th April

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guestlist sorted btw Steve 8-)

You and the other Steve up for a pool competition with me, Craig and the HMV guys at all on the night? The winner gets a Guinness with a shot of their choice plunked in, or whatever it was last time. I don't know why I'm so keen to have one again :lol:

Me neither :? It took you over the edge last time :lol:

Steve's not getting here until the evening, so we'll meet you around 9/10ish

btw, there's ramblings on the IO board about a 'Special Room' tonight. Don't know if its a wind up or anything more yet :?

A belter of a night!

Me and Steve were well late getting out on the beers, but once we were out, the beers were flowing nicely in a local bar just round the corner from here. Headed into town about 10ish and soon met up with Tim & Craig, who were suprisingly coherent :wink: :lol:

Then met up with what seemed like hundreds more people and got to The Arches about 12ish I think. Because we were latish getting in, we only caught 2 sets.

The first we thought was Gavyn Mitchell, but I've now discovered was actually Simon Patterson. The man played a blinder of a set! My memory's not very good at remembering tunes, but he played a mix of Everyday and Without You. (btw Craig, Gavyn was on before Simon, thats why we never saw him; never saw Scot Project either :? )

Then Jules appeared just before 1.30 and I believe he opened with Insight. His set was mainly on that sort of vein, with ElectroFun and Keep Me Running, but then out of nowhere, Love Shy came on 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) So good to hear that in a club and the dance floor was heaving for it with everyone singing along :lol:

Jules did the right thing, imo, and finished just before 3, so he was allowed to play that legendary One More Tune, but I can't remember what it was!

After everyone pointlessly shouting for another after it, I tried to catch Jules for a quick word, and managed it just as he was walking away from the DJ booth. Thanked him for a great set and the gueslist places which he'd kindly given us all and he asked for Tim, but alas he was nowhere to be seen :lol:

Totally great night, and great to catch up with you Tim & Craig. Roll on Coloursfest... 8-)

Quality, sounds like you had a wicked night!!

and Love Shy coming on aswell, that's awesome! More of that, unexpectedly dropping a few older anthems is the way forward i recon! I'd love to be taken by surprise like that!

At Progress on Friday Rob Dalby dropped Caned & Unable, been ages since I'd heard that, was really good to hear it! 8-)

At Progress on Friday Rob Dalby dropped Caned & Unable, been ages since I'd heard that, was really good to hear it!  8-)

yes all 3 of us on the dancefloor loved that, shame there was no one else there to enjoy it! :lol:

Remember Jules bein given a vinyl copy of Caned & Unable at Gods about 18months back by some random, he played it but totally ballsed up the mixing, was first time he'd played vinyl for over a year though so i let him off.

Then Jules appeared just before 1.30 and I believe he opened with Insight.

I would have loved to have been there to hear that mate, thats my favorite tune at the mo cant get enough of it! sounds like it was a good night!

did you guys not get any pics at all?

Well it was a top night, as usual in Glasgow, lining the stomachs with some pizza and beer before heading out to play pool. In the very first frame, Craig took the break-off shot, and I cleared up 7 balls, finally sinking the black but only to see the white also go in, which lost me the frame, lol :D A couple of girls, Lorna and Jen, appeared and we played doubles with them (as in, pool doubles) for a while before heading upstairs to some sofas and more £1.50 vodka/cokes.

By this time it was somehow 10.30pm so we headed off to Crystal Palace (that's only the name of the pub!) and met up with Steve + Steve. It was good to see you guys again - I don't think you've ever seen me so coherent so it was good to have some banter. Bryan and Jo arrived and then Craig disappeared but then returned with a large bunch of unknown people who also were going to The Arches, and with a bit of guest-list rejigging, off we went.

Simon Patterson was on when we arrived - must have been about midnight - and was playing a blinder. I made a mental note about a couple of tunes that were unknown but very special... we all wondered at the time how Jules could follow such a set but of course it wasn't a problem when he did take over. There was obviously something amusing both Simon & Jules at this point, I think it was an unexpected CD error on one of the Pioneers but to be honest it wasn't noticeable. Jules played a few Fabio Stein tracks and some very hard, mental stuff in the middle which were completely unexpected but went down really well. I was in the side arch at this time resting my ears and sipping the vodka but I remember having to come onto the dancefloor repeatedly in short bursts for specific tracks. Apart from one 30 minute phase where we were all at the front and I desperately needed a slash but the tunes kept on coming so I had to stay. Finally, enough was enough and I made my way to the gents, only to dimly recognize Kristine Blond being mixed in. This meant obviously I had to come back again to the front of the floor and enjoy that tune as well, lover of the old as I am... At the end a fight outside was brewing so we left pretty pronto, and not for the first time I couldnt find Steve so I couldn't do the farewell's bit. This is ok though, as it means that he has to come to Coloursfest in June :D Some pics also (from Jo's camera):

Steve, myself, Jo, Bryan & Craig at Crystal Palace. The night is young and my famous brown shirt is ready!

1.JPG

Fraser headlocking an unknown person.

2.JPG

Pretty packed as you can see, but everyone's got their eyes shut! Apart from Terminator on the far right, lol

3.JPG

(L to R) Unknown girl pointing, Crazy Jim, Bryan + Fraser at the back. No idea who those 2 at the front are.

4.JPG

Pretty wasted here! Myself + Craig in the middle with 2 unknown persons either side.

Craig I don't remember you drinking beer??!

5.JPG

This is Jim. He is always there, before we arrive, and after we leave, without fail.

He is also 57 and a University lecturer. Legend!

6.JPG

Fras is clearly missing out on the young filly behind him here :roll:

7.JPG

The famous green lasers which I have come to be obsessed with. A great atmosphere as Jules is playing.

8.JPG

Great pics and report. It is really nice to see what you all look like. Sounds like you had an awesome night. Seems he played a more trancey set than he did at Truro on Friday night.

Would loved to have heard him play "Insight" at Truro. It is one of my favourites at the moment. Also "Love Shy". You lucky lot.

I'll do a report on the night at Truro sometime tomorrow. I've been working and sleeping most of the weekend as l only had two and a half hours sleep in the early hours of Sat morning. I'm absolutely shattered but happy. :) Also Paul took some pics with my camera so l'll try and upload them. I don't use it very often as it was an impulse buy 3 years ago, and l wish l had bought a camera with higher pixels then l would have better quality pictures.

great stuff! good pictures tim!! lol

some night had! jules was great playin tunes u would normally expect him to play and patterson before him was amazin playin some unbelivable trancey breakdowns! sure he played joc mixes of everyday and without u.

great to see everyone again, tim steve and steve and of course bryan and jo and fraz and natalie.. incidentlly tim that was fraz headlockin his girlfriend! hehe

tune of the nite for me was marcel woods v joshua ryan - cherry whip!! sounded utterly amazin as id never heard it before!

yes u bought me a beer tim!!!! lol just as we got in u gave me a can!!

some nite i highly reccommend the arches to anyone if u like it hedonistic!!

bring on coloursfest !!!!

im the d.e.v.i.l devil!! oh apologies to everyone i txt after the arches the devil song! bit wasted lol

And the Famous Brown Shirt - does it go everywhere :wink:  :lol:

Yeah well talking of attire I love my brown Zara shirt, have always been lucky with it... has never let me down! :D

:wink: :wink: :wink:

I'm gonna do my report on this thread so hope you don't mind too much.

Unfortunately we were rather late getting to Tranzaction in Truro due to Paul playing an evening game of footie. Also Emma his girlfriend had been to a funeral in the afternoon and didn't really feel like going out.

It was well past 10pm by the time we left Penzance and on the way we picked up Chris, a friend of Paul's. He looks really young (he's 21) so we had to stop off at his place to get his driving licence. Whilst Chris was doing that Paul decided to buy some bottles from the pub close by.

We eventually got there at 11.15. :evil: At least we didn't have to queue as we were on Jules's guestlist. Chris had to pay but he was allowed to go straight to the cashdesk.

The DJ warming up for Jules was playing hard house which l'm not keen on. I missed Jules going up in the DJ booth as l was in the loo. :cry:

He started of playing a track l didn't know which was in the same vein as Charlie G the previous DJ and then Jules started messing around and briefly played this summery calipso type tune. He was on top form laughing and interacting with the crowd the way he does. It wasn't that busy to begin with but once word got round that Jules was playing it soon filled up on the dancefloor. He played 11.30-1.pm as he was also playing at Time flies in Cardiff.

I can remember some of the tunes he played. "Trans 4" "Keep me Running" "Electro Fun" "Monotone Devil" (Marcel Woods remix) "Red Blue Purple" "Advanced in Brasil" "Through Your Eyes" "Rumble" and Dormouse's new one and many others. Everyone went mental when he played Cosmic Gate "Firewire". There was this diabled lad in a wheelchair who was also at R1 in Newquay in the summer and he just kept spinning his chair round whilst this was on. Everyone cheered him on. They also have lasers at the Club. :)

However it would have been great if he had played "Love shy" or "Insight" and perhaps a couple of sing along type tunes. I do like a bit of variety. :lol:

Had a brief chat to Pete (Jules's driver) regarding the roadworks, traffic etc. As Jules came away from the DJ booth we went over and thanked him for putting us on the guestlist. I was also going to mention you lot up there in Glasgow but Paul was talking to Jules about Newcastle. Paul was off up there on Sat morning with 16 mates to celebrate his 25th birthday.

We had a great time and got back to Penzance soon after 2.15 as l had to be up at 4.45. :twisted:

Archived