Gatecrasher 1 Burned Down..

i suppose its good to hear Simon Raine saying that about rebuilding, unfortunately Simon Raine is an absolute twat. What he ses and what actually happens are 2 very different things...still theres hope!

I want them to rebuild it exactly how it was :thumbsup:

Saw it on the local news - you could see throught the collapsed roof - could see the dancefloor & everything - so gutting. I saw exact spots that i have particular memories of...wounded!

:o:(

mainroom2qu3.jpg

ive stood in front of those railings so many times - many a 'moment' ive had there...

DJ booth is jus to the top of the picture - the building has collapsed o ntop of it tho - was a solid marble dj booth...

I might go down tomo & see if i can get a crasher brick :unsure:

No wonder you're emotional, that photo says it all.

One of our local clubs was set on fire deliberately and that photo brings it all back to me.

Someone got up on the flat roof and drilled through the roof and poured petrol onto the DJ booth. Madness. The main room inside the club was totally wrecked and it took about a year to restore it back to how it was.

Jules made a good point on Newsbeat - Garlands was rebuilt after a fire, and he says it is now much beter. Could GC1 be any better? (Genuine question, I've never been)

I'm devastated that I never went and will now never go, at least to the club that it was. On a plus side, PVD's 6 hour set could be moved to Discotheque in Leeds. I've not returned to Leeds since moving north, so a trip down there is looking likely :thumbsup:

Its hard to decide if its a scam or not. I guess time will tell. With dance music not as prevalent as it once was, from a financial point of view, flats would be the way forward. If Raine and Bond have got their hearts in the right place, it has to be a rebuild.

Personally I hope they put off the pvd 6 hour set for the birthday. I went to the Gatecrasher Mid-Summer @ Discotheque on Saturday and while its a nice venue, its far too small to be holding the capacity required for a pvd night. Or so it appeared...

I heard that Newsbeat with Jules on it. He sounded devastated about Crasher burning down as well, but agreed, made a good point about Garlands being better than before (i've never been though). fingers crossed!

• 1 month later...
i haven't but my mates have. It's an old steelworks. massive place apparently, but suffers from being slightly cold i hear?

I'd be interested in what they think of it. I am tempted by this night, but arena events never quite have the same atmosphere :(

• 2 weeks later...

Get yourself to this lads - magna is bloody huge, the steelworks environment has been kept as much as possible resulting in a rather spectacular atmosphere - not to be missed as i certainly won't be missing it!

Archived