JJA Secret Santa - 2007

Spin Doctor

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah got it planned, the thing i hate about doing yearly roundups is making the decision as to what tunes to leave out. Without giving anything away, i have had to leave some substantial tunes. I've tried to cover the whole year too, so there some biggies from the start, middle and current big ones. Gonna mix it tomorrow!

Yeah I here you matey ;)

Twas a tough call for me too - tbh I choose my TL about a month ago and have yet to even hit the decks (see my other posts bout life down the pan when startin work FT [cries]).

Without giving too much away, my mix will comprise around the last 3-4yrs worth of tunes :)

List of entrants so far

Aza

Moonman

Jacey B

Bjorn

Uberduck

Spin Doc

ThirdDrive

Tremor

Tom Bailey

Justin Haze

Rules by Spin Doc as per 2005 - I will be confirming addresses to send to shortly!

Right boys and girls, after a little bit of thinking, I’m pleased to announce that we have lift off for the first official Judge Jules Tracklist Archive Secret Santa! (If anyone can think of a better, and shorter name then go ahead :P). In case you missed the original thread, the idea surfaced here.

Here’s all the information you should need as to how this is going to work. You’ve got the rest of the summer to set to and put together a mix CD. You then post this to me at Uni. All mixes must include the following: a full tracklist, your own postal and email addresses, plus stamps to cover the cost of postage. Once the final deadline has been reached, you’ll then be posted at random another mix. This way, everyone who takes part will get something different back.

Don’t worry if you think your mixing is a bit rusty, or you’re worried that everyone will be a million times better than you - that’s not the point of this exercise, it’s not a competition. The idea here is so that we can get some feedback on our mixes, exchange ideas, talk to new people, listen to something new and hopefully have a bit of fun in the process.

Here are the rules:

1) Mixes must be posted to me by the start of my next academic year, which is the first full week in October (Monday the 3rd). This gives you ample time to put some preparation into it. The address which you have to send your mix to will be provided via PM.

2) Mixes must include your full postal address, and email address - otherwise you’ll not get a mix returned, or have no feedback.

3) Mixes must include stamps to cover the cost of postage - again, because you’ll not get a mix back. I’ll find out how much this is likely to be asap.

4) Mixes must include a full tracklist.

5) After the deadline, you will be posted back CD at random from all the available mixes.

6) Please do not post your tracklists up here until after the deadline - that just spoils the fun.

That’s it really, so get your thinking caps on, those decks ready and get creative. If you’re going to take part please reply here so everyone knows. And, if you’ve any comments, questions or ideas, don’t hesitate to speak up. It’s over to you...

Nice one Mr Traill :)

Are you still going ahead with the organisation of this - so far it looks like Moonman and I are ready to post off our mixes - should tie in nicely for a good warm up to Xmas this :)

Come on all :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just posted all these bad boys to you all - totally random whoever you get, but I hope you enjoy the mix sent to you!

May I apologize for the shoddy packaging now... I went a bit mad on the labels and parcel-tape... all re-used, second hand! :D

Archived