Gatecrasher Resurrection / Magna / March 22nd 2008

• 1 month later...

Gatecrasher – The Resurrection – Magna 3

Gatecrasher the Resurrection. Replay. Remixed. Rejoice!

Saturday 22nd March 2008 - Magna

Ferry Corsten

Eddie Halliwell

Judge Jules

Markus Schulz

Ronald Van Gelderen

Riley & Durrant

Orkidea

By now notorious for its awe inspiring events, Gatecrasher are set for a return to the vast Magna venue. After white washing the industrial expanse with a monstrous event on Boxing Day, Crasher brings you The Resurrection.

Transforming Magna once again -The Crasher combustion chamber is due for ignition on the 22nd March 2008. Always pushing the boundaries, the DJ line up is a diverse selection of past, present and future talent.

Headlining is one of the greatest producers of all time, Ferry Corsten. A genuine legend and dynamic force in dance-music, Ferry Corsten is widely respected and has been hugely influential in the industry. He has received multiple awards and accolades over the years reflecting his commitment and contribution to the scene. Having played many times for Gatecrasher, he has without fail torn the place apart on every occasion. It’s been a while since the Dutchman graced the Crasher stage, so it’s with great pleasure we welcome Ferry Corsten back to do the damage as only he knows how.

Also bringing the beat therapy, Gatecrasher are excited to welcome back the UK’s finest, Eddie Halliwell. Globally recognised as one of the most technically gifted & talented DJ’s to emerge from the dance music scene in recent years, Eddie Halliwell always takes the roof off with his mind blowing performances. Eddie is a DJ who literally lives and breathes dance music, spending every spare moment mastering new mixes and trying to improve his technical abilities. It’s this dedication and passion that has helped propel him to become one of the scenes most respected and inspiring DJ’s. Always maintaining that special connection with the Crasher crowd, Magna is the perfect stage for Eddie Halliwell to set ablaze!

Another familiar face behind the Crasher decks, Radio 1’s Judge Jules will be bringing his box of top notch tuneage to crank the main arena. After his recent solo release ‘Laid Bare’, Jules has been in the studio with BK – producing some fierce new material. His contribution to dance music in the UK is significant and he has been instrumental in breaking numerous new producers & upcoming DJ’s. Known for dropping some of the biggest anthems in history he has been blitzing the Crasher dance-floor for over a decade. Always one for the big occasion, Jules is often the catalyst for an explosive party!

Returning for his second Crasher gig, Markus Schulz has built a strong following in a short space of time. Infusing deep progressive with liquid, smooth trance his productions have been hammered by all the top DJ’s. Markus Schulz’s radio show - Global DJ Broadcast is now one of the most popular in the world and he is responsible for showcasing some of the best new producers in the scene. Renowned for his set building skills, this classically trained musician has become one of the most in demand DJ’s on the circuit. Making some of the biggest tracks of recent years, Gatecrasher awaits his Magna performance with great anticipation!

Also bringing some fresh appeal, Ronald Van Gelderen has risen the Dutch ranks to become one of their latest successful exports. After releasing some beastly tunes over recent years, his latest release, ‘Dirty Rocker’ has been picked up by Marcel Woods label – High Contrast Recordings. An enigmatic rock styled character, Ronald Van Gelderen uses his own vocals on productions and has been known to sing ‘live’ at gigs. Fusing tech and punk with block rocking beats, RVG will be bringing his own breed of filth to Crasher!

Joining him will be Orkidea, another much awaited debut for the man who brought us ‘Unity’ one of Crasher’s biggest anthems ever! Included on Gatecrasher’s infamous ‘Red’ compilation ‘Unity’ is considered one of the classics of all time. Hailing from Finland, Orkidea brings the kind of sound that trance was invented for. Evocative melodies and emotive breaks, he has won a legion of fans with his Nordic style. Coinciding with his Album Release tour, Orkidea is due to drop some exclusive new material and future club anthems, alongside an exclusive ‘Classics’ set in Room 2. After a lengthy wait we cannot wait for Orkidea’s Gatecrasher debut!

Residents, Riley & Durrant complete the incredible main room line up. Always on hand to tear the lid off R&D style, they know exactly what makes the Crasher crowd get fired up!

Room 2 brings you all the ‘Classic’ defining moments trance is known for. With exclusive sets from the main room DJ’s alongside JFK and Paul Kershaw, the arena will be dripping with nostalgia for this trip back into Crasher’s history vault. Bringing you the forgotten and unforgettable ‘Classics’ that made trance an institution, Room 2 offers a blast from Crasher’s past. Alongside a veritable wonderland of blinding visuals and earth shattering sounds, The Resurrection is upon us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ferry also bores me to tears now too. He was dire at Global last year. He used to be my favourite DJ at one time - until he turned to this Electro-Trance nonsense.

I hate it when people use the term "it all sounds the same to me" when it comes to dance music - but in Ferry's case these days, it really does all sound the same.

In the words of Duncan 'Dragons Den' Bannatyne:

"I'm out" :P

Going to the Jules Bedbug event on the Fri so no chance of coming back up to do Crasher on the Sat. That'd beat even Bjorn's weekend benders!

pfft, you aint hardcore - weekend b4 last , i was in Edinburgh on the thursday, Bristol friday and then back to sheff and Dj'ing on the sat!!!

Im definately at this, im also Dj'ing the night after @ Plug if anyones up for a double header?!!! ha!

• 3 weeks later...

GATECRASHER THE SUMMER SOUND SYSTEM 2008 TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE AT MAGNA THIS SATURDAY AT FACE VALUE (NO BOOKING FEE) PLEASE GO TO THE GATECRASHER MERCHANDISE STALL FOR MORE INFO...

Gatecrasher The Resurrection

Sat 22nd March 2008

Magna Nr Sheffield

Crasher Arena

Ferry Corsten

Eddie Halliwell

Judge Jules

Markus Schulz

Ronald Van Gelderen

Riley & Durrant

Orkidea

Gatecrasher Classics Arena

Guy Ornadel

JFK

Riley & Durrant

Orkidea (producers set)

+ sets from the main room djs

Adv Tickets

£29.50 + bf (standard)

£42.50 + bf (VIP / online only)

Magna

Sheffield Rd

Rotherham

S60 1DX

www.gatecrasher.com

08704 282726

---------------

I went to this! and i escaped! lol

Had an OK night, Ferry Corsten played another blinder. set of the night for me. Jules I thought was good, played a wicked remix of Bulldozer (assuming that's what it is, I've not seen many jules playlists this year), Laid Bare, Razorlight, Linkin Park all got played.

Halliwell came on after, and played a good set although i left during it. Heard he was playing some of his older stuff (Frank Biazzi - Turbulence etc). Van Gelderen played the last hour, the one more was Murder was the Bass my mate told me.

Doubt I'll go to Magna again. Crasher Classics room was empty all night, and you could see your breath in front of you all night it was so cold.