Gatecrasher Resurrection / Magna / March 22nd 2008

Here we go, i went in the end! !!!!!!

Firstly to get your tickets once at the front of the que you had to look at your print off to see what colour you are. Mine was blue and after a 10min wait the guy sent me to the green que's as my name wasnt on the list which was massive. After f***ing about in the green que for ages finally got through, Markus Schulz was on and i was really impressed, normally i percept him as being a bit boring, but no it was a brilliant warm up set, i really like the Genix mix of Fly to Colours.

Ferry came on next and he played one of his best sets in years imo, he seems to be going back more towards his trance sound with imo is where his strength is.

Jules was next and had a really good start to the set, overall i think it was a good set apart from Jules attempts messing about scrathing, reloops and playing only in america, he really needs to stop doin it as its no Eddie.

Eddie came on next and was good, but again over did the effects a little, wasn't the best set i have seen him have, the on last was Ronald Van Gelderen who from what i saw played some good tracks such as till ya drop, but his mixing was abit shabby.

Jules I thought was good, played a wicked remix of Bulldozer (assuming that's what it is, I've not seen many jules playlists this year)

That'll be: First State vs Simon Patterson - Bulldozer In Sierra Nevada (White Label)

Sounds like Ferry may be having a revival although maybe you guys have always liked his style (I dont!). I wish somebody would selotape over the loop facility on the CDJ's when Jules is playing as it gets on my t**s a bit. It sounds awful. When the Pioneer CDJ's came out Jules said that the loop facility was excellent as you could extend tracks with short intro's/outro's and/or lay the baseline of one track over another. In my opinion this is the limit for the loop and using it for tricks should be left to geniuses like Eddie. Works with accapella's but then again, editing them to fit your tracks is much better.

guess i better post my response!

Got my tickets from Sa-kis in sheff so no queing for me or my mates heheheh!

Got in for Schulz, was pretty impressive sum nice proggy electro tunes which went down well, and after that i don't have a great recollection of the main room! Spent most of my time in the Classics & VIP rooms as my mates were playing i nthe VIP room so had to go show a bit of support. The classics room was my fav tho, Jules played sum wicked tunes, altho the mixing wasn't a match for the tunes... ! Hardwick was mint as was Orkidea! Took a stroll back to the mai nroom with a few mates now and again, was wondering around & my mate Eric txt me to say Ducky was with him - i was right confused as to how Eric knew who Ducky was...went n found him for all to become clear - Ducky had recognised Eric off some of my photo's and asked him if he knew me! Mad!

Night was mint anyway, we left around 5.30 and headed over to Sheff for the DQ afterparty then back to my mates gaff to die! Wicked night, the venue is so awesome, it really is B)

Good to see some reportages from sirs from this board. I agree with the overuse of the loop function, from the live sets I've downloaded Jules does sometimes go a bit over the top with it...

Archived