Stuart F

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh dear :(

Seems that due to his new timeslot Jules is being forced to change the format of his show...

"Naturally I’m very pleased with this new improved slot. Although my 1-3am show was doing well listening-wise, and generated plenty of feedback, the new time feels like a natural setting for my music style. The format will remain roughly the same, although the opening portion will be amended so that the musical transition from Annie Mac’s “Mash Up” (the show before) works smoothly and logically."

Hope it doesn't get messed around too much, I think everyone would much prefer Annie Mac to alter her show & start banging out some 140bpm trance towards the end ;)

Why is Jules ALWAYS the DJ that has to work around other DJ's? Its soooo frustrating. Annie Mac is the most random DJ ever - she's a jack of all trades, master of none, so why don't they get her to work around Jules instead - after all, she has two shows anyway (neither of which are worth listening to).

Edited by Briggsy

No chance! :P

:lol: Of course not, doesn't really affect me all that much. I have to be honest & say I listen to Jules very rarely now. I don't really see why he (or more likely his production team) are so obsessed with the crossover from show to show, not many casual listeners are around at that time anyway & I'd say virtually all of those tuning in would be doing so for Jules.

If he is going for a smooth transition then simply play a couple of house tunes then have a guest caller & get back into it

I don't really see why he (or more likely his production team) are so obsessed with the crossover from show to show, not many casual listeners are around at that time anyway & I'd say virtually all of those tuning in would be doing so for Jules.

Exactly, why does everyone seem to hold this 'transition' in such regard. Westwood used to start straight after Pete Tong, and he didn't waste half his show with "House-Hop" so that listeners didn't start running about like headless chickens not knowing what was going on.

If I was listening to Classic FM and they played a wee jingle then this

Youtube Video ->Original Video

it wouldn't really faze me. :huh:

Edited by Judge Mental

• 2 weeks later...
Oh dear :(

Seems that due to his new timeslot Jules is being forced to change the format of his show...

"Naturally I’m very pleased with this new improved slot. Although my 1-3am show was doing well listening-wise, and generated plenty of feedback, the new time feels like a natural setting for my music style. The format will remain roughly the same, although the opening portion will be amended so that the musical transition from Annie Mac’s “Mash Up” (the show before) works smoothly and logically."

Hope it doesn't get messed around too much, I think everyone would much prefer Annie Mac to alter her show & start banging out some 140bpm trance towards the end ;)

Exactly! I can't be doing with this musical transition. Annie Mac is rubbish and personally when Jules is on at 11 I will tune in at 11 to hear Jules not a half hour or so transition. Let Mac accommodate Jules' style in the last part of her show if a transition is required.

I would have rather seen Mac go and have Dangerous Dave play 2 hours of trance in her 9-11 slot or better still give Jules the 9-11 slot!