Dave Pearce's dance anthems back on Sundays!

Briggsy

Yay! Dave Pearce is back on a Sunday from 8pm til 10pm - just not on Radio 1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrele...12/6music.shtml

I just saw that earlier...wonder what the news he will be breaking in about ten days time that his statement mentions????

Dance Anthems will never die :P :P

Still don't understand the fascination with Dave Pearce that this board seems to have. :huh:

I'd rather listen to him than Jules these days. Everyone expect Pearce to be crap, but he's usually decent. Everyone expects Jules to be decent but he's usually crap.

I'm not fascinated - theres far better DJ's i'd rather see and respect more, but if he's on the radio, i'll put him on because he usually plays decent tunes - and if he's playing locally in a club and there's someone else half-decent on the line-up with him, chances are i'll go.

I'd rather pay a tenner to see Dave Pearce than £20 to see Paul van Dyk play Born Slippy and 1998 with slapped in mixes.

Back in the day I always used to tune in to Dance Anthems purely for his 15-minute mix at about 8.15pm. Even if there was one obscure piece of trance in there, it was was the whole evening waiting for it!

I've got a few of them to upload to here; this is the only one I've done so far, if you haven't already heard it :)

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archive...amp;showfile=16

He is an inspiration to us. Shows that a guy with limited ability can make it lol

I wouldnt say limited ability. I'd say he keeps it real (sorry about the ghetto language there:)). He knows what he's playing isn't big or clever. It's not deep or meaningful, he doesnt try to "take you on a journey" (most annying cliche ever that one!), he just plays honest tunes that he likes which you can dance to.

He's not one of these dj's that are so far up their own arse either. I'm sure you all know the ones, the ones who "embrace new media" to "cut, sample, loop and make new compositions out of other people's tracks". He's good old honest Dave Pearce who just plays one tune after another - and still reels them in with no flashy gimmicks.

So his mixing is not pro tools perfect, who really cares? apart from the chinstrokers of course. I've said it once and i'll say it again, i'd rather hear 2 good tunes slightly off when mixed than 2 dull tunes mixed together purely because they "harmonically segue into one another flawlessly" - surely that defeats the whole point of djing as you're just playing filler??

At the end of the day, djing is just playing other peoples tunes one after the other, thats how it is and for me, should be. That why i like Dave Pearce, there's no pretentiousness, no snobbery, and he truely loves what he does. If you ask me, he is a rare, dying breed of DJ. No bollocks, just a ruddy good time (as alan partridge would say).

Edited by Moonman

That why i like Dave Pearce, there's no pretentiousness, no snobbery, and he truely loves what he does. If you ask me, he is a rare, dying breed of DJ. No bollocks, just a ruddy good time (as alan partridge would say).

Exactly, you've summed him up perfectly. He's just a simple, no frills DJ. He's not gonna scratch or mess about with effects. He's not gonna try a Sasha-esque silky smooth mix or make sure everything is perfectly in key. He's just gonna grab two tunes that he likes and mix them together.

People often criticise his tunes - but to be fair, he plays better tunes than Jules these days. In fact, Dave Pearce's taste in Trance has matured quite a bit over the last two years. He now plays very credible Trance.

Its his mixing that is the problem, not his tunes. If he put more effort into his mixing, perhaps people might take him more seriously. At the end of the day though, he's a radio presenter that likes DJ'ing in clubs. He's never been an out-and-out club DJ, and has never claimed to be one.

• 1 month later...

Oh my god I f***ing hate Dave Pearce.

What an absolute C**K!!!!!!!!!!

I had to go clubbing twice when he was on and I thought, I'll give him a chance, you know maybe he's good live or something. Well F**K ME!!!

NEVER AGAIN!!! I lost the will to live whilst trying to get into it on the dancefloor. I've never NOT enjoyed music like that in my life.

Before that I just hated his FACE and his show, then someone suggested to me that JUDGE JULES and DAVE PEARCE were pretty much the same thing. ROFLOLOLOLMFAO!!! Needless to say I never spoke to them again!

I could shove that baseball cap up his A*SE if I could tell which end of his body his arse actually is! ERGH!!!

I saw Dave Pearce at Crasher at Eden, Ibiza a couple of years ago, and despite a few dodgy mixes (he was chewing his face off), he pulled some quality tunes out of the bag, Plastic Boy 'Silver Bath' being the surprise of the night. We all had a damn good night.

I dunno what I expected, I don't mind poor nights out either, I accidently went to The Event in Brighton once and had to dance to Wham and Madonna nearly all night, but THAT was still better than Dave F***ing Pearce. God I hate him. Look at his face!!!!!!!!! KNOB!

I hate his voice aswell. I could go on...........

If I had to choose between seeing Dave Pearce in a club now, or Judge Jules, i'd choose Dave Pearce.

His tunes are far better than Jules's, he doesn't play loads of crap bootlegs, he doesn't loop the hell out of tunes, his sets are fresher than Jules's (Jules is still playing tunes that he was playing 12-18 months ago!) - plus Dave Pearce doesn't DJ while he's drunk and i've heard better sets from Pearce over the last 18 months than I have Jules.

Jules has disappointed every time i've seen him over the last 2 years.

I predict Jules to drop about 15 places this year in the top 100 DJ's poll. I bet he's no higher than number 30 this year.

Edited by Briggsy

I'm just being honest mate. Jules used to be my favourite DJ - but now, I couldn't care less whether I see him or not. I'm sick of hearing a set full of poorly-produced, novelty bootlegs that sample well-known tunes just to get a reaction from beer boys.

Dave Pearce's mixing might not be great, but he plays some decent Trance tunes these days. Dave Pearce is the one with the cheesy stigma, yet its Jules that is the cheesiest out of the two DJ's.

I JUST HATE DAVE PEARCE!! It's not just to do with the cheese, I like a bit of cheese, it's not just his mixing, my mixing is also poor, it's not just his hideous face, fat body, baseball cap, knobend voice.........................IT's ALL of that. I would never PAY to see him again in my life, I'd hate to think I was making the t**t any richer than he already is (and shouldn't be) At least Jules isn't a t**t.

Practically all the members of this board who DJ could out DJ Dave with their eyes closed and one hand in my opinion. I don't reckon I could say the same about that and Jules.

Each to their own.