Dave Pearce's dance anthems back on Sundays!

Briggsy

I took all of my equipment with me because I was visiting a club in the afternoon. I will put my hand down my trousers next time (not whilst in school though that could lead to bad things!). My school does have Ableton, Cubase, FL, and Reason though. I never had them when I did Music lessons :(

I have no opinion on Dave Pearce anymore, he's a non-entity as far as a DJ goes imo as I'd never ever waste time going to see him & I never listen to his radio shows.

I've got nothing against him personally but disregard him when it comes to serious dance music. I guess my tastes dictate that he wouldn't appeal anyway so I'm sure those of you that like him will understand my view

that not an oxymoron?!? like when the American kids talk about "IDM" (Intelligent Dance Music)...ooerr whats that all about then?

Well maybe the phrasing isn't spot on but I think you know what I'm getting at. I don't take him seriously if you like

A couple of years ago I would probs have agreed with No.2, but now I would much rather see Dangerous over Jules. Jules has left me disappointed the last 3 times I have seen him with poor tune choice, annoying use of the filter, over playing of Freefall and Love Shy and the lack of flow to his sets. Dave's sets have more structure to them and as Briggsy said, he plays some decent trance.

I too fear for Jules's position in the next DJ Poll, but I have emailed Jules after the last 2 occassions I have been disappointed and he defending his tune choices as 'the best trance around.' Sadly his style has moved away from mine, whereas Dave's hasn't.

SO its more disgust of what dave looks like than the tracks he plays and his ability?! I really cannot understand the hatetrid otherwise

God no, I used to have to endure his show at work on Sunday evenings and it drove me INSANE!!! I hated it, I experienced him whilst I was clubbing and I wanted to kill myself, then on top of that he looks so annoying and sounds very annoying too. He doesn't deserve the success he's had, you probably deserve it more than he does. I can't help it, I f***ING HATE DAVE PEARCE!! Sorry.

A couple of years ago I would probs have agreed with No.2, but now I would much rather see Dangerous over Jules. Jules has left me disappointed the last 3 times I have seen him with poor tune choice, annoying use of the filter, over playing of Freefall and Love Shy and the lack of flow to his sets. Dave's sets have more structure to them and as Briggsy said, he plays some decent trance.

Spot on mate!

Jules has become a novelty DJ - playing vast amounts of poor bootlegs that feature well-known samples. Jules often defends them and says they get a good reaction, but he's unaware of what people are saying on the dancefloor. Yes, they're great for the more commercial clubs and bars - but he can't expect to get good reactions with novelty tunes at places like Godskitchen and Gatecrasher where people are far more knowledgable and expect good things from DJ's.

I can understand why people don't like Dave Pearce - thats fair enough. Obviously he's not Armin or Sasha - but out of the two UK 'household name' DJ's (Pearce and Jules), over the last 2 years, Dave Pearce has been the far better DJ.

If Dave Pearce could sort his mixing out, and bring his BPM down a notch or two, he'd actually be a very good Trance DJ. He plays some very credible Trance tunes. Jules no longer plays credible Trance sets.

P M S L!!!!!!! :D

I'm sorry I know people have different opinions on many things, but I F**king HATE Dave Pearce, no matter what happens to ANYBODIES mixing!!!

He's a C*ck Banger!!

If this was any other board you would probably be banned. Try and find another way of expressing yourself minus the swearing

Archived