The new Judge Jules jingle...

Number2Fan

It's bloody awful, who the hell thought that one up, and then who the hell said it was a good idea!!! :blackeye:

JEEZ!

It's embarrassing actually, I may have to set my record timer to just a little bit later so I don't have to puke every time I listen to his show.

Why can't f***ing annie mac just say, here's Jules and then his first tune intro does all the work!

It is bad isn't it? <_< Or is it just me....?

Well it's right at the start of the show, and it's all noises and chit chat and I think a bit of 'bass pumping' in the distance, then they say stuff like, " nah mate I'm going straight in the big room " then you hear Jules shouting, and some cheering and noise of and.......................

let me see if i can find it.

It's possibly worse than actually touching Dave Pearce IMO!

BRB hopefully..........

It is a bit s*** to be honest, it will suit Jules show well then, the guy has gone to pot and I used to be his biggest fan back in the late 90's early 00's

Another person on the board who feels the same way then. When will Jules take note of this and do something about it? Even his old die-hard fans are fed up with him now.

The top 100 DJ's poll result is gonna be interesting next month. I can see it being a disaster for Jules.

The best jingles for Jules were the simple ones back in 99. They were using sparingly, and included an anonymous lady's suggestions of "every Friday night" etc... :)

The worst jingles are the long ones in recent years which take up about 30 seconds - usually looping Westwood (of all people), and - something which I find insanely irritating - often covering the very moment Jules is mixing 2 tunes together... :wall:

OMG it's even worse than 'It's Friday, yes it's Friday, it's Friday, yes it's Friday..............'

Jules's tunes may not aways be the awesome typew he played in the late nineties, but actual last weeks show had some good tunes in it, I really enjoyed it! :thumbsup: and he's still a really nice accomodating DJ, and still keen and eager to bring tunes he loves to the world, for that reason.....I VOTED FOR HIM!!!! <_<

But that jingle is the worst jingle I have ever heard IN MY LIFE!!!

Another person on the board who feels the same way then. When will Jules take note of this and do something about it? Even his old die-hard fans are fed up with him now.

The top 100 DJ's poll result is gonna be interesting next month. I can see it being a disaster for Jules.

Does Jules though actually have to do something about it? At the end of the day, he's still getting the gigs, filling the dancefloors and retains his weekly show on Radio One. Perhaps it's just a case of the die-hard fans getting older and perhaps being stuck in the past. Jules has moved along with the times and seems to remain as enthusiastic as ever which can't be easy for someone who has been in the business for over 20 years!

Does Jules though actually have to do something about it? At the end of the day, he's still getting the gigs, filling the dancefloors and retains his weekly show on Radio One. Perhaps it's just a case of the die-hard fans getting older and perhaps being stuck in the past. Jules has moved along with the times and seems to remain as enthusiastic as ever which can't be easy for someone who has been in the business for over 20 years!

You see I was wondering that myself

Does Jules though actually have to do something about it? At the end of the day, he's still getting the gigs, filling the dancefloors and retains his weekly show on Radio One. Perhaps it's just a case of the die-hard fans getting older and perhaps being stuck in the past.

Its not about being stuck in the past - there are DJ's from the past that are still doing well and not getting negative feedback.

No matter what DJ forum you go on, the vast majority pass comment about Jules whenever they see his name on a line-up at somehwere like Gatecrasher, etc.

Sure, he's still pulling in punters - but these are at small, commercial venues now. At the bigger events such as Gatecrasher, etc, people either grunt at Jules's set or go into another room. Jules no longer has pulling power at these gigs.

Its not about being stuck in the past - there are DJ's from the past that are still doing well and not getting negative feedback.

No matter what DJ forum you go on, the vast majority pass comment about Jules whenever they see his name on a line-up at somehwere like Gatecrasher, etc.

Sure, he's still pulling in punters - but these are at small, commercial venues now. At the bigger events such as Gatecrasher, etc, people either grunt at Jules's set or go into another room. Jules no longer has pulling power at these gigs.

But that's what I don't understand. What is your definition of a DJ doing well? Considering all that Jules is up to these days, I would personally see that as doing very well considering that he is not exactly one of the younger DJs out there these days!

And also, if Jules had lost his pulling power at the big events such as GC etc., why is he still getting booked for them?

At the end of the day, as much as I loved Jules' sets "back in the day" (as they say), you've got to adapt and change as time goes on. The target audience in clubs is the 18-25 age group and I think that Jules has done very well to keep up with the times!

At the end of the day, as much as I loved Jules' sets "back in the day" (as they say), you've got to adapt and change as time goes on. The target audience in clubs is the 18-25 age group and I think that Jules has done very well to keep up with the times!

Jules kept up with the times until around 2 years ago - but he's lost his way now. We were, or still are, all die-hard Jules fans on this board - and nearly everyone has passed comment on Jules's sets over the past year or so - and everyone that has passed comment have all said the same things - too many bootlegs, too many indie remixes, and sets with random flow. This isn't just my opinion Steve - its reality - there's a large chunk of this board all saying the same thing. We haven't all moved on - if Jules pulled himself together, there's no doubt that he'd win us all over again. Even now, there is the odd occasions where I'll go to see Jules and i'll see a glimpse of his old self - and when he's like that, there is nobody better. Unfortunately, those times are few and far between now.

Jules is great at the commercial clubs and bars where there's groups of youngsters going out wanting to listen to big tunes all night. However, Jules is taking these same tunes to Godskitchen, Gatecrasher and the Ministry of Sound - and the clientelle are more 'clued-up' there and want 'proper' tunes - not corny remixes of anthems and tunes with famous samples. He's losing his dancefloor at those events and people are sneering and passing comment about his sets - but Jules seems to be oblivious to it and says things like "the crowd were loving it" in his diary. I'm sorry, but they weren't.

On his day, Jules is superb Steve - he's a legend and will always be my all-time favourite DJ because Jules at his best, in my opinion, was world number 1 standard. Unfortunately though, its like listening to a different DJ now - and thats not because we've all moved on - its because Jules's standards have slipped.

His name's not Steve :lol:

Och same old argument, I liked Jules when I was 15 to 19ish, then moved on, I don't really see the problem with what he plays now, but now that I'm 26, it goes without saying that my tastes have changed since then.

Not my bag anymore, but there are plenty of dj's that I like instead now, and I really can't understand the idea of being a 'diehard' Jules fan. If he doesn't play music that suits you then listen to someone else, he's only a dj after all.

Just listened to his show from Friday for er, research purposes. Not really that different to 8 years ago to be honest! Noticed he played a Will Atkinson remix.