The new Judge Jules jingle...

Number2Fan

And anyways, how can you say his standards have slipped, when he is the very same man who used to belt out Nappy Hardcore week after week?

I think its people's sense of humour that has slipped, Jules has played s*** for years.

I wouldn't have quite put it like that, but Yeah!!! :thumbsup:

Judgemental knows how much I love Jules too, and I have critisised him in the past but not OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!! I'd prob say a die hard Jules fan. Whatever that means, the tunes I heard in the last show were fine.

You all need to have more sex! ;)

However that jingle is f****** DIRE!! Whatever you may think Jules should or shouldn't play, I think we all agree that jingle is in the SHOULD NOT PLAY list!

As for his tunes, sets, shows etc, he can do what he likes, and if I don't like it, I wont listen!! Voila! :unsure:

I can't be bothered to argue over it anymore! :shifty:

:P

iv heard the jingle and tbh im not impressed with it.

sounds too corny and cheesy and doesnt suit the style of the show.

also sounds ina similar level to them jingles hes been playing that say "screammmm to the dj" or something alone them lines, wtf!

in relation to him going down hlll, tbh he has been at the bottom of the hill for the past 2 years, and the tunes he plays in the 30 min mix at the end of the radio1 show, i dont think are a true representation of his club gigs, because i never hear tunes like that in a similar order in any of the monthly mixes or live podcasted episodes.

not gauging the crowd correctly? probably. not up there with the rest? probably.

and when the crowds been lost, if in doubt drop ronski speed - are you, that seems to be his biggest tune thats being caned, not that its a bad tune, i love it but dont use it as a crowd rescuer.

I've just checked out the begining of last weeks show. That intro is truly shocking. It's so bad. It makes me cringe and think I should not be listening to this show... its for kids. It's a real shame. Jules' show has always had a good sense of humour and a tongue in cheek mentality with regard to the jingles and some of the tunes he's supported over the years which I have always liked. Think back to some of the whacky house tunes he used to play sampling apoo from the simpsons etc.. they were great for a bit of fun but I never imagined him playing them out in clubs. His jingles have always been cheesy but I've always found them funny rather than really cringe worthy. This latest one though is dreadful and has an air of the "Clubland" brand to it in a way - 15yr old chavs going to see Jules. It just sounds so horribly fake and scripted - it would be better if they were samples of real clubbers making real comments on a night out but it's so not. I dont like Jules's little dialogue on it either.. doesn't sound like him speaking natually at all.

I spose what Im saying is there is a fine line between having a tongue in cheek aproach to the jingles etc with corny sayings etc being a good part of the show over the years and then just utter cheese. Unfortunately I think the line has finally been crossed and I fear it will only get worse.

To be fair though for all that ranting we are only talking about the 30s intro to the show. Been listening to the first 20 mins or so whilst writing this and Im still enjoying the tunes so Jules still puts on a good show overall in my opinion and still plays lots of good music on the radio. Unfortunately the club sets I've seen in the last year or 2 just havn't lived up to expectations from what you might hear on his radio shows.

There's no point in raising it with Jules because as like in the past when we've raised things on here with regards to the bootlegs, etc, he'll just say "it gets a good reaction from the majority of the people".

In this instance though, I would imagine Jules didn't have much say in it - its probably part of Radio 1's 2009 policy of "getting down wiv da kids". They're going for a younger audience now, and this jingle is also aimed at the younger audience.

I would imagine the producers were ordered to "make changes" - so that's what they've done.

had the show on again today, despite loving that Tom Staar tune, Erm, I still hate the jingle, they just sound luike really poor actors, and it really is topped off s*** with the girl saying, ah this is a Choon!!!, really makes you wanna say 'OH F*CK OFF!' Also, if Jules was that good, they shoulda got there bloody earlier like I do, and handed in their bags, I mean how they gonna dance carrying their bags, in the 'Big Room' wtf!

Shoulda got me in, I can say 'this is a tune' with much more sincerety (*spell check) anyway............

There's no point in raising it with Jules because as like in the past when we've raised things on here with regards to the bootlegs, etc, he'll just say "it gets a good reaction from the majority of the people".
According to a recent survey, the intro and new jingles have gone down a storm with my listeners. I'm very pleased with the intros and the jingles and will be commissioning more. I hope you all look forward to the new ones.

I should have put money on that!

dont know why we f****** bother lol..................

what survey, how do you survey something like that?? he hasnt asked for any text votes, or email votes/surveys???

Come on Ian, get with the times man!! This is the way forward!!

BBC Radio 1 recently asked 100 people what they thought of Judge Jules's latest Jingle.

Our survey said........

FamilyFortunes.jpg

Since theyve moved Annie Mac who is basically a jukebox to kick of the weekend now as she'll appeal to all the young chavs and that lot it's no wonder theyve created a new Jules intro piece that uses some said chavs-well voice actors to resemble them.

If anymore get comissioned and used during the show I'll stop listening.

I wont make a difference, non of us on here will, we and who's army?!, If we could find a couple thousand people with the same feelings then we'd maybe make a small dent :lol:

BTW the Chris Moyles jingles I actually liked