DJ related at last...recommend me a mixer

emy

Requirements:

Three channel

Must be able to hear all channels in the headphones at the same time (On some images it looks like you can only hear one at a time?)

Some effects to play with

Budget up to £250 or go on and suggest why I should pay more!

I have some ideas but I'll wait to see what is suggested here first

THANK YOU !!

I'm so excited I'm buying new equipment :)

I was thinking a Numark would probably sit in the right price range. Not used one for a long time but my first mixer was a 3 channel Numark costing around £200 and it was solid... still got it today and although I've upgraded to a Pioneer I know it still works cos I take it out occasionally. No fancy fx on that one though as it's about 12 years old!

Go to JB's and try some out.

My Gemini has 3 channels but you can hear either one or two at a time in the headphones (with a split button)and the third through the speakers, I beleive my Vestax is the same, how can you play all 3 through the headphones, and why would you? I don't mean that badly I actually am intrigued?

Go to JB's and try some out.

My Gemini has 3 channels but you can hear either one or two at a time in the headphones (with a split button)and the third through the speakers, I beleive my Vestax is the same, how can you play all 3 through the headphones, and why would you? I don't mean that badly I actually am intrigued?

You can play 6 things through the headphones on a djm 600, one of those being the effects over everything else, or any of the 4 channels. Why you would want to hear more than one tune at a time, 2 if you're using 3 decks, is quite beyond me too.

Its hard to suggest a mixer without knowing what you want it for.

I should think any DJ mixer above 200 quid would allow you to PFL any of the channels and therefore by pressing all of the PFL (cue) buttons you'll be able to listen to all the channels on your headphones. I'm also not quite sure why you'd need to - I guess maybe for 3 deck mixing but I would think you'd get 2 tunes in the mix and then listen to the 3rd seperately to get that in time. Who knows.

Because when I mix I like to hear both at the same time in the headphones, so when I have three decks I just assumed it was normal to do that with three, I have never mixed on three decks before so I don't know, but it would be easier to continue mixing how I am used to :)

I know when I DJ out it is different and you have to adapt to the set up

theres a three channel Vestax PMC 275 (i think) thats really good. Crisp sound quality. I used to have one before i spilt beer over it. I now have a Gemini 626 as it was supposed to be a quic, cheap replacement, but id serisouly go with the Vestax. They use it in the Radio 1 studios aswell, if im not mistaken...

theres a three channel Vestax PMC 275 (i think) thats really good. Crisp sound quality. I used to have one before i spilt beer over it. I now have a Gemini 626 as it was supposed to be a quic, cheap replacement, but id serisouly go with the Vestax. They use it in the Radio 1 studios aswell, if im not mistaken...

the vestax pcv iv heard shit hot reviews about, when i got my pioneer djm 600, i was toying with getting that and saving a few £££'s

as with all vestax mixers the sound is great.

vestax-pcv-275.jpg