New member pops in to say Hi :)

Stevedude2

Hello, I found this site while looking for older Ferry Corsten mixes. I very pleased to see that there are other people out there that have an unhealthy obsession of collecting recordings of livesets from their favorite DJ. Obviously Jules and Ferry have had a good working relationship over the years, so there are a few of Jules' sets in my collection as well. Nevertheless I'm hoping that I can track down the particular set I'm after here,a s well as get some up to date tracklists on some of the newer shows where Ferry provided a guestmix.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Yes my era for listening to Judge Jules was in the late 90's and early 00's. Loved the drive cross country to my gf's on a Friday night listening to him. Was lucky enough to see him live a few times too!

Still listen to plenty of the dance music from that era.

See you all around.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey all, just joined the site last night, was a great fan of jules from 98 till 03. first mix i ever heard was at soundcity 98 newcastle, i was hooked after that mix, still to this day i go back and play it, all the old parties i used to go to wouldnt be complete untill someone popped a jules mix into the tape deck! i always had plenty off old tapes and recordings especially the live mixes, last night i found the id of this track i was looking for and been playing it nonstop on you tube! so keep up the good work!!!

All the hard work in putting this site together makes it worthwhile for posts like this http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif Glad you got the tune ID after so long, and welcome to the board!

Hello

Just joined as a member. I am a huge fan of dance music. After growing up listening to the sounds of Faithless, The Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy I then got into listening to mix albums around 1999.

I was forever hooked. I listen back to the mixes from 2000-03 religiously and loved listening to the weekly shows of Judge Jules as it was a education as much as a enjoyment.

Still listen to dance nowadays but personally don't feel it comes close to the golden age back at the turn of the millennium. So it's nice to reminisce on here.

Good to be on board.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there,

New to this site. My era of jules was 1998-2002 ish. Was a full time clubber with only the weekend to live for. I was listening to an old Saturday warm up show from August 99 the other day and loved it.

Is there any full sows that can be downloaded from when he was on R1 around that time? Love all the tried and tested feature and clubbing banter that was included in them, brings back floods of memories. Not on about Mixes from different clubs etc but actual shows.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work

Wow, just discovered this website. I loved listening to JJ's radio show in the daytime whilst doing work. His voice and the music always made me more productive! Still miss him on Radio 1, he is irreplaceable. These recordings will allow me to re-live some memories though. Awesome archive, thank you.

Hi all, I was absolutely astounded last night when, after talking to my husband about the Gatecrasher vs Ministry of sound event at Lotherton Hall in Leeds 1998, I Google it to find this site. To say it's nearly 20 years ago, I seriously doubted there would be any trace of it in the online community, along with many more happy memories!

During the late 90's early 2000's Gatecrasher was my home every Saturday night/Sunday morning - was a very sad day when the place burned down. So many happy memories there including seeing the legendary Tony De Vit! Sundessential at the Church in Birmingham was our Sunday event... Those were the days!

Now I am a 'grown up' I still live in the past as far as dance music is concerned, listening to the likes if Nalin & Kane's Beach ball and Lucids I can't help myself singing in the car (badly I hasten to add).

Looking forward to taking a trip down memory lane.

Thanks, SarahT

• Like 1