jules back in 1999

jaylo

The era when Jules was at his best in my opinion. I also noticed that he's quite animated behind the decks there - which isn't really seen so much these days. That would perhaps suggest he was more into the music that he was playing back then?

I must say though, Jules has aged really well - considering that video is from 12 years ago, Jules looks the same now - he just has slightly longer hair there, is a tad slimmer, and is wearing his old trademark thick-rimmed sunglasses that had been converted into specs.

I was at this I think, that's my home town. Recognise a good few of the people in it too. I thought I posted that video up here :ermm: , not sure though. Absolute carnage it was. He loved it too. Remember him referencing it in a few interviews shortly after that. Mayhem, people dancing on tables, refusing to budge at the end of the night. He used to play there at least once a year up until about 2003 I think.

Ah I was actually IN LOVE with Jules at that time. I mean proper in love!!

f****** amazing times! All the things that made clubbing great were altogether in place in 1999!

Excellent vid, thanx for sharing the find!

Doesn't Jules look lovely :wub:

Great vid, really enjoyed watching it. I first saw Jules "live" in 2002 in Penzance, Cornwall and thought he looked much younger than his true age. And yes he does look lovely ;)

Unlike most of you on here l still enjoy most of the tunes Jules plays and that's why l listen to his R1 show every week and go to see him in different parts of the country. I listen to Tongy and a few other programmes too (on a regular basis) but l don't enjoy them as much as Jules's show. Guess it wouldn't do for us all to be the same :rolleyes:

I think it's great that you still love the music that Jules plays Chrissie.

If it suits your tastes then there isn't really a better DJ, in terms of personality, approachability or all-around respectability to cater for your tastes.

A lot of us have a bit of a moan on here about the current Jules sounds but you know, deepdown that we all love him really :)

The era when Jules was at his best in my opinion. I also noticed that he's quite animated behind the decks there - which isn't really seen so much these days. That would perhaps suggest he was more into the music that he was playing back then?

i think that's very much the case, then i can hardly blame him liking the music from 10 years + ago more because the case is that it was better. there seemed a lot more effort into making the tracks than the bleepy noises from now. anyone under 21 just wouldn't understand stuff like on the video and would probably end up asking him if he's got any david guetta. :/

Don't ask me, she's never liked me much, she's on Facebook though Fuzzy, mostly set to public view, if you're interested. But be prepared to praise her every move if you wanna be her friend. :)

Oh OK, guess I put too much into your comment. I just assumed you were referring to some specific thing... maybe she had an accident or something. I have no intentions of being friends with her on FB :)