If Jules does do a farewell Essential Mix...

Max Kane

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No-One Driving "Playa Sol" (the original version not that horrible re-done vocal) would be a good oldie to bring out.

that horrible one was the novacane version if im right? the original as you said is a brilliant track though. i'd completley forgotten about it until earlier this year when i downloaded a couple of shows from here. there was no trace of it online at all, they all kept pointing to that novacane one. but i managed to bag me a one sided vinyl copy of it via discogs.

while were on the subject of 2001, i'd like to add studio 613 - join me to the moon. yet another track you can't find any trace of online in full, gladly have that on plastic too though.

more tracks which remind me of jules:-

dallas superstars - helium

yakooza - french kiss

gouryella - ligaya (hiver & hammer remix)

corderoy - deeper

fingers burnt - legoland

orion - eternity (darren tate remix)

frank t.r.a.x - nebuchan (o.r.g.a.n remix)

nickelson - yin (solid globe remix)

refleckt - need to feel loved (thrillseekers remix)

kota - waiting (darren tate & mike koglin mix)

dave bobak & lambert - the battle

jugen vries - the theme + the opera song (dub)

motorcycle - as the rush comes (armin van burren mix)

commander tom - attention (f&w remix)

delerium - silence (tiesto mix) (creamfields 2000)

ernesto - stop 95 (phynn remix)

dirt devils - music is life

windsider - hidden flight

tiesto - suburban train (again. an outdoor show)

10 in 01 - members of mayday (he played this only recentley on his show)

fire & ice - forever young

plummet - damaged

quo vadis - sonic boom (maximus mix) (this messes up on the ibiza 2000 show!)

scot project - l (want your love)

dogzilla - your eyes + without you

jam x & de leon - can u dig it?

fire & ice - para siempre

quite a mouthfull! some a bit commercial in there, but i recall hearing all of them on his show, and they made an impression for one reason or another.

I remember him playing a track that literally no other DJ ever played by an artist called Vince N'see (or something to that effect) called "I Can Still Feel You" or "I Feel You".

Not sure if it ever saw a release, or if anyone else remembers it. Heard him play it on his show twice and then at Gods when I was there in February(ish) 2004

Plummet - Damaged! Good suggestion - thats definately a Jules 'anthem'.

I'm gonna throw Twice As Nice - Overture in too. Jules played that a lot around 1999.

The interesting thing about this thread is that nobody has mentioned a tune from the past 2-3 years. That just highlights that Jules hasn't played anything that really stands out for a while now.

Plummet - Damaged! Good suggestion - thats definately a Jules 'anthem'.

I'm gonna throw Twice As Nice - Overture in too. Jules played that a lot around 1999.

The interesting thing about this thread is that nobody has mentioned a tune from the past 2-3 years. That just highlights that Jules hasn't played anything that really stands out for a while now.

the only thing i can think of is possibly cosmic gate's f.a.v. but everyone was playing that in 2009 anyway.

A few more to add to the list;

Electroheadz "No Sleep"

Angelic "Stay With Me"

Cygnus X "The Orange Theme"

4Strings " Into The Night" (instrumental)

Tiesto - "Traffic"

X- Cabs - "Neuro"

Binary Finary

DT8 - "Destination"

Darren Tate - "Gladiator"

Scott Mac- "Damager 02"

Logo - "Don't Panic"

Mauro Picotto - "Back To Cali"

Umek - "Gatex"

Martin Roth - "Shockwaves"

Goldtrix vs Andrea Brown - "Its Love (Tripping)"

VPL - "In The Park"

A&B ft Zoe Johnston "No One On Earth"

Mauro Picotto - "Verdi"

Jam & Spoon - "Be. Angeled"

David Forbes - "Questions Must Be Asked"

Ralphie B - "Massive"

Slusnik Lunar - "Sun"

Fabio Stein - "Trans-4"

Admittedly I've chosen older tunes, but l also love many of the tunes Jules has played in the past few years so much so that l've bought them!

Too many to choose from.

Nevada - 'Touched By The Hand' [uK Bonzai]

Oliver Klein - 'Rhinekraft' (Ian Wilkie Remix) [b Sides]

Three Drives - 'Sunset On Ibiza' [Massive Drive] (all inspired by Jules's mix here)

X-Cabs - 'Neuro 99' (99 Mix) [Hook]

Sheer Brilliance - 'Don't Be Afraid Of My Love' (bootleg) [white]

Beyond - 'Still Dream' [Conception Artist Management]

GD - 'Choral Reef' [iDJ]

Lovechild - 'Liberta' (Moonman Remix) [inferno]

Matt Darey pres. Mash Up - 'Liberation (Fly Like An Angel)' (Ferry Corsten Remix) [incentive]

Motivation - 'Para Mi' (Intrique Deep Bass Attack) [supadrive]

G Club pres. Banda Sonora - 'Guitarra G' [Defected]

Moon Project - 'Moments Are Forever' [uK Bonzai]

.... that's just from the top of my head.

It wasn't just the room busters as well, it was all the unusual connecting tracks he'd dig out (Paganini Traxx - Zoe (Timo Maas Remix) for example) and awesome trance gems where he might have only played them a few times but luckily you caught it at the end of your cassette tape.... those times are long gone now. Like taking a butterfly net into a field blindfolded, there was a certain magic and thrill of capturing music back then :)

York - 'Reachers of Civilization' (Rank 1 Remix) [Manifesto]

Lightforce - 'Join Me' [slinky]

Storm - 'Stormanimal' [Data]

Fragma - 'Toca Me' (In Petto Mix) [Additive] - the orignal In Petto mix from 1999!

Olmec Heads - 'Spiritualized' [Neo]

Novy vs. Eniac - 'Pumpin' (Flickman Remix) [Positiva]

The list could go on and on!!

Oh and I know its such an obvious tune but dont think its been mentioned... (cant be bothered to check tho so sorry if I missed it)

Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (Three n One Mix) [Hooj Choons]

The tune that got me into dance/trance music after listening to Jules live from Ibiza in 2008 I believe... nuff said!

Toca Me is a great shout actually. I know it's cheesy as hell, but I'm pretty sure Jules was among the first to break it, and even played a few of the bootleg ones including the one that topped the charts first I think. That In Pettito mix is awesome in it's own right though.

So many great suggestions in this thread I'd totally forgotten.

Jules was touting Toca Me as early as 1998 as a bootleg (with those vocals which were just out of tune) for a long time before it got re-vocalled and released properly. Same with that LMC vs U2 bootleg. Jules was solely responsible for that happening - i.e it going from bootleg to proper release.

Hearing "Cafe Del Mar" on the ad for the Ibiza Annual '98 pretty much single-handedly got me interested in dance music - it was on Jules' disc of the compilation but I think, personally, it's much more of a general anthem and not one as specific to Jules as some others.

I love the fact we're having such a discussion on this - retracing all the old favourites.

If he did do one though I would definitely want it to be Jules himself and no-one else that chose the tracklist - you just know he'd surprise us all with tracks that we've all forgotten