Like It's 1999!

FuzzY-LogiC

Hey gang!

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?showtopic=7462&pid=85424&st=0entry85424

Anyone else attending this besides Neuro, thirddrive and me?

Looks like it's gonna be a blast of nostalgia :)

The event is Sunday night, but Monday should be a holiday for most people if I'm not mistaken, so no excuses! :mrgreen:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha how awful if he plays a load of new J&T bootlegs!! I'm not going atm, but I am contemplating it. Liking the look of the hard house DJs too.

Very long journey though, done it before when I was youthful, dunno if I can face it at nearly 40!

Quadders you should go?!

It will be interesting to see how this works because Jules has said on several occasions that he's not a fan of Classics sets, and if the rumours are true about Matt Hardwick making a comeback as a special guest for this event, then he's also not a fan of Classics sets (Matt in particular always plays 'normal' sets even at classics nights).

If Jules does play a classics set though, and Matt Hardwick does play (i'd be surprised if he does to be honest) - and he also plays a classics set, then it should be an amazing night.

Tbf most trance DJ's now are throwing up classics, but I see why DJ's wouldn't want to do a classic set. Afterall, if u had tons of blinding (in their opinion) new tunes, wtf would you wanna play records from 14 years ago. Also, as we all know, these tunes are not all readily available on MP3.

However, it is a specifically dedicated night so they have probably been asked to, and wouldn't do it if they hated it that much. Be great if hard dick did turn up. I've seen him play a set of anthems before.

Who is Craig Bird btw ? I dunno who that is.

This woulda been an awesome event for a board meet up.

I can't understand why they wouldn't like a classics night. It is the revered and celebrated era for a bloody good reason - the tunes.

I think the reason Jules gave on his diary was something like the past is the past, and each week there are lots of tunes released so we should be moving with the times rather than going back to the past.

You just can't beat the oldies though. Tunes these days are 'disposable'.

With regards to Hardwick - the rumour popped up on Facebook mainly, but it was also mentioned on the Matt Hardwick forum briefly too - to which it was neither confirmed or denied.

Who is Craig Bird btw ?

He's probably the guy thats organising the event.

I highly doubt Jules dislike classics so much, it might just be something he wrote to keep the classic requests down to a minimum. I mean, he still play the occasional classic live and he still have a Classics feature on his radio show... but that could be pure listener pleasing... dunno.

I might be naive, but I don't see why a few DJ's (specially the big names like Jules and Hardwick(?)) would play new tunes if the overall theme of the event is "Like it's 1999"...

After all, it is the whole event that is the theme, not just one of the scenes.

Tom: It would be an honor to meet you in person, please do keep us posted if you tag along :)... sorry, forgot you already said you couldn't come.

Train from London for me. I expect most people will stay til the 6am end and then just train it back with no sleep.

However there's the Angel Street Premier Inn about 10 mins walk away with spaces for £50 if necessary.... As fuzzy said to me yesterday, so long as there is carpet on the floor that'll do :)

Yeah I'd be inclined to agree with Fuzzy. Won't the trains be dire as it's Easter Sunday and Monday though, once I get to London I have a further wait and journey on top.

If I can find a willing partner (who's off work) to travel with me, I'll be there. I have not got anyone's phone numbers anymore so I'll FB Fuzzy if I'm gonna be there. :)

I would love to have gone to this but l have family coming down to stay over Easter so unfortunately l can't make it!

Also Easter is the worst time to travel for the likes of anyone like myself who live in West Cornwall, as its busier than Christmas!

I highly doubt Jules dislike classics so much, it might just be something he wrote to keep the classic requests down to a minimum.

Gatecrasher had a period, around 3-4 years ago, of doing Classics events on a very regular basis - and Jules played at quite a lot of them. After a while, Gatecrasher seemed to move away from the Classics nights and went back to doing 'normal ' nights - and it was then that Jules stated in his online diary that whilst he was loyal to Gatecrasher, he was pleased that Gatecrasher were moving away from Classics nights because he wasn't a big fan of them and preferred to play 'current' tunes. I can't remember his exact words, but it was along those lines.

I don't think he'd mind a one-off event for something like this though.

If Matt Hardwick is the rumoured special guest though (which I still doubt to be honest), then i'd be very surprised if he played a classics set. He never plays Classics sets - even on Classics nights.

If Matt Hardwick is the rumoured special guest though (which I still doubt to be honest), then i'd be very surprised if he played a classics set. He never plays Classics sets - even on Classics nights.

The only time I'd ever seen Hardwick live was on a classics night! It was a 5 hour set in Foundation in Newcastle about 6-7 years ago as a one-off event. He was surprisingly excellent and I remember him saying afterwards the hardest thing for him had been filtering all his tracks down.

It was the same night @bigsteve and I recall his playing of Freefall - 'Skydive' and the room just went nuts. Still one of my best clubbing moments.