Chris Moyles to leave Radio 1 breakfast

lyndon

People say this whenever a brekkie show DJ goes.

Yeah I liked Moyles on the radio but it has got tiresome tbh, and I don't mind Grimshaw actually I'm just glad that boring f***er Greg won't be doing it. Grimshaw is at least young and interesting.

In all fairness I rarely listen nowadays.

MBK I don't think Mills will be getting it, he's also getting on in Radio one years. But I find him funnier than Moyles alot of the time. Innuendo bingo is totally the tits!

Scott Mills has been good for years, thought it was a better show with Chappers & Laura Sayers a few years back though.

The reason why the Radio 1 bosses want younger DJ's in is so they can manipulate them easier. In 5 years every Radio 1 DJ will be like Fearne Cotton, where 'everything ever made is brilliant'. I hope the BBC sell it off by then because I don't think the station is worth the license fee.

I remember it with every DJ from Noel Edmonds.

I'm with Neuro, although Zoe Ball got on my nerves and I never listened to her at all. In fact I started watching the big breakfast att I think. I only ever purposely tuned in for Jules.

With so many radio stations it's quite nice that a majority of the country can still come together in one place, for radio company in the car/at work. But I don't think the world will end coz Chris Moyles gets a lie-in.

I like Grimshaw, he's better than Fearne or Greg that's for sure. All the music will be the same anyway, so it won't make a great deal of difference.

As for Radio 2 lolol there's no f****** way I'd listen to the gobshite that is Chris Evans. I hate him.

I remember Sara Cox did the breakfast show, I think it was Moyles who took over from her. She sounded a bit of a ladette.

Basically it seems BBC R1 are having a clear-out of the old guard - Jules, Grooverider, Moyles all joined in the 1990s and probably costed them a bomb every year to keep

Can anyone see 'Grimmy' or whatever his name is lasting more than 3 years on the stations flagship show? As far as i've heard him, he dosen't stand out from any of the other daytime DJ's at all.

Moyles' leaving means very little to me as I don't listen to R1 in the mornings (or ever at all really) but I am amazed that Grimshaw is getting it - what a collosal tit that man is!

I barely listen to any Radio any more, Just catch my shows from podcasts and DI Radio. Its funny how things change.

Apparently they reckon the oldest they target is 29:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/1879268

That followed a review in 2009 which said Radio 1 should focus on serving 15 to 29-year-olds

I'm still well within their age range apparently, yet I haven't felt more distanced from Radio 1 than I do now.