Before CDJ's

lyndon

Oh dear Tom, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. He's playing in Vegas now as Rob Guson, playing a more commercial sound. He's leaving the techno for now.

http://skrufff.com/2012/08/dj-fergie-reinvents-himself-to-conquer-vegas/

I kinda anticipated this. Oh well, he's not the first and won't be the last :rolleyes:

Least there are plenty credible DJ/Producers left out there for us to discover

Don't think he was forced to change it, he just did it anyway as part of the 'evolution', but it's deffo part of the reason. Forgot about the Dutchess Fergie too, she's in America is right (or was anyway).

I remember in the summer when Tevez held up the sign saying 'RIP Fergie' ( about the Man United one) at the Man City victory parade, and 'rip fergie' trended worldwide on twitter. There were yanks inconsolable all over the place thinking the woman from the Black Eyed Peas had died! :lol:

I remember seeing someone's newspaper that said Fergie was a wife beater, and I had to do a double-take, but I've still never looked at DJ Fergie in the same light. Despite knowing it was Alex the paper was referring to.

I met Fergie once... It was very dull.

EDIT: a bit like my anecdote :rolleyes:

I used to love record shopping. 3 Shades was a cracking little shop. They were always around £2 a record cheaper than anywhere else, and they had a lot of tunes on minor/obscure/import labels that nobody else had.

I used to use Massive in Birmingham too - although that shop was poor in comparison to the Oxford shop. The Birmingham shop only really had the new releases, and the crap records that they couldn't shift from the Oxford shop. They used to have exclusive promo rights to all ID&T releases, and the guy in the Oxford store (Russell) always used to put the ones aside that he knew i'd like if they only got 2 or 3 copies in.

HTFR were dire. Overpriced, staff with attitude, appalling infamous very dodgy so-called "white labesl" that were blatant radio rips. Most of them were mono or had faded our radio jingles. Shocking. The only good thing about the place was the security guy (Baz?) - he was a legend! Always up for a laugh.

Dance Music Finder was quite decent. A little like HTFR in some ways - only the staff were far more helpful.

Juno was the dogs danglies though when it came to record stores. You could only order online - but they stocked practically everything, they were well priced, and their service was outstanding. I used to order records as late as 6pm some nights - and still had them arrive in the post the following day. DotVinyl was good for the Mondo test presses/promos, and Chemical/3Beat and Global Groove were also very good.

MP3 "shopping" is a chore now. Far too many labels out there - most of which offer shit that is awful and would never have seen the light of day in the vinyl days. It takes an age ploughing through all the shit before you get to the one gem. Not for me - and one side of DJ'ing I don't miss in the slightest.

I used to use Massive too - their store was awesome in terms of layout and feel and they had some wicked album release showcases in there (they had Sasha & Marco V DJ on separate nights in the store to launch their albums) but yeah the choice was not as good as Three Shades.

Juno was my online choice, so very good and excellent delivery and service. Used Chemical records too quite a bit but sometimes they wouldn't deliver for a week or more without a reason!

The MyBeatport feature has made mp3 browsing so much easier now - it limits the amount of shite you have to mull through

I had to go to Brighton for a proper dance music shop, we had a small one in our town and an independent record store that had a rack of dance music 12", also we have a large HMV that dabbled with more well known dance records, but they literally were selling off their vinyl stock as soon as they opened.

Then there was Our Price too, I don't remember buying any vinyl in there, but they did stock a vast selection of CD singles and I did buy a lot of them.

All in all I preferred ordering 12"s from Juno and what with that and my subscription to Mixmag, I loved waking up on a Wednesday morning to the postman knocking the door.

Which was good, coz being a hardcore clubber with a baby and a job, getting up every other morning sucked arse big time!! :)