Guilty Pleasures?

Number2Fan

Well whether it's for sentimental reasons, or just coz you can't help yourself. What tunes with a less favourable reputation do you actually secretly love?

I have a soft spot for David Guetta - Titanium I just like it, not entirely sure why.

On another note Capella - Move it up, cheesy shallow Eurotrance, reminds me of my younger days, but I even have it in my iTunes to this day.

I have always loved the electronic music of the 80s as it was what I grew up with. It became very unfashionable later in the 90s ("The 1980s - the decade that music forgot", apparently) but today the sounds are even more relevant now than they ever were.

Too much to mention, but New Order, Electronic, Duran Duran, A-Ha, Pet Shop Boys.... a lot of PSB actually :shifty:

This is a masterpiece for me... stay with it:

I saw New Order in the summer. Saw The Pet shop boys last year actually as they were supporting Take That. (Who I saw twice last year)

I don't think you should feel guilty about liking any of them Quadders, as long as its only Duran Durans early tunes anyway.

I love Planet Earth. Real sign of that time.

My favourite though, Soft Cell, Visage, Early Human League.

Gary Numans shops at ours this time of year too. His wife has the skin of a rhino. 😊

I've still got the original "45" of The Shadows - Wonderful Land which l bought back in the early 60's.

When l first heard "It's a Sin" l was on holiday at Butlins holiday camp in Minehead and it blew me away, l went up to the DJ and asked him what it was he was playing and l still love it today!

When l first heard "It's a Sin" l was on holiday at Butlins holiday camp in Minehead and it blew me away

I saw them live a couple of years ago - and they were great. They sound as good live as they do on a CD (unlike many artists these days that sound awful unless they've had the help of Auto Tune and editing).

I like allsorts across all styles - REM, UB40, Phil Collins, The Shadows, Pet Shop Boys, Aswad,

Prefer the older stuff over current chart music though. Its all crap these days.

After watching Jamie Oliver on Channel 4, I like the following song "Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance"

A friend of mine who used to do a dance show on BRMB in Brum a few years ago, had a wicked white label house/breaks mix of that he used to play. Never been able to track it down, yet.

A few of mine could be:-

JX - You Belong To Me

Dario G - Sunchyme (don't know why)

Dario G - Dream To Me (really commercial but liked it)

New Order - Blue Monday

DB Boulevard - Point Of View

M People - How Can I Love You More

There's a few more around i'm sure.