WANTED: Old Gatecrasher Mixtapes especially recorded from ***Kiss/Galaxy FM***

Jivemaster

Just wondering if anybody has any live Gatecrasher recordings from the early days 1995-1999? Many were broadcast on the radio station Kiss 105 which later became Galaxy 105 and recently has been renamed to Capital FM. I know that Kiss did a fair few broadcasts around this period and some shows were even broadcast on Andi Durrant's Big Night In (I am aware of a Matt Hardwick guest mix on that show promoting the Birmingham NEC events). Does anybody have any recordings on tape?

I have one from Scott Bond, Judge Jules & John Kelly b2b and Seb Fontaine from 1997 which I have uploaded for everyone. Really keen to hear any oldskool mixes from Gatecrasher, especially from Scott Bond and Matt Hardwick. I am aware of another Gatecrasher broadcasts in 1997 of Scott Bond on Kiss/Galaxy which featured the Loop da Loop Downtown Mix of Todd Terry - Something's Goin' On.

Here are the Gatecrasher mixes from 25th May 1997

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xl95hi

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rguh8e

Enjoy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for these, should be a great listen. I remember Galaxy 102.2 doing something from gatecrasher in 2001 or 2 I think, if I recall Andi Durrant was presenting. I also rememberd hearing Carte Blanche Veracocha, think it was being re-released in some form at the time.

I don't have any recordings but remember Tim Lennox on Galaxy 101 playing live from Cream Liverpool once in 2001 time, they broadcast a bit of Lee Burridge before him and Tim after his live set must've jumped into a mobile studio onsite to play another half hour to end his timeslot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Somewhat related. Sad to hear Andi Durrant seemingly being pushed out of Crapital, his was about the only decent dance show on mainstream Radio for me (around here at least). Loved the way he gave the nod to the old classic from time to time, I remember him playing Hands Burn - Good Shot late last year on my way home from Birmingham. He's been replaced by a playlist based show and Craig David... radio really is dying.