The "Forgotten Classics" Thread!

Simcut

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just point out that none of these are forgotten classics because you've all remembered them to be able to post them here! :P

But, for me, i'd have to say:

Hi-Gate - Pitchin'

Burgy - Lochfrab

Boca - Play With Me

Da Hool - Meet Her At The Love Parade

Faithless - Salva Mea

Lightforce - Join Me

Rockafellas - Da Boss Track

Lava - Autumn

Hemstock & Jennings - Mirage

System F - Out Of The Blue

Robert Miles - Children

Lucid - Can't Help Myself

CRW - I Feel Love (Pete Pritchard Mix)

Flickman - Sound Of Bamboo (C'mon - as much as its cheesy, you know you love it!)

Here's some to think about:

Digger - Church of Ra

Headliners - Who's my dj

Higate - Caned and Unable

Dj Taucher - Bizzare

Dj Worris - The Drug

Crazy Malamute - Free to Ride

Ricky Effe - Sector .30

Megamind - Taub

Freefall - Skydive

Smudge and Smith - Near me

The Clergy - Saint and Sinners

Miss Shiva - Dreams

Terpicord - The Bells

Jens - Psycho Strings

Extreme Trax - Dont Stop

Dirty Barry - Fire

Lunatic Asylum - Meltdown 2000

Cygnus x - The Orange Theme

York - The Awakening

Smudge and Smith - Near Me

Oliver Klein - Rheinkraft

Twice as Nice - Cutting Edge/Overture

Green Martian - Industry

Rank 1 - Airwave

Here's some to think about:

Headliners - Who's my dj

Dj Taucher - Bizzare

Dj Worris - The Drug

Crazy Malamute - Free to Ride

Ricky Effe - Sector .30

Megamind - Taub

Freefall - Skydive

The Clergy - Saint and Sinners

Extreme Trax - Dont Stop

Dirty Barry - Fire

Those are some awesome choices mate..... but hang on, how is Rank 1 - Airwave and Orange Them "forgotten" ?

I happened to find another copy of the Taucher - Bizarre / Child Of The Universe double pack on Scuba Records whilst I was in Berlin, paid 6 euro for it, was delighted, my old copy was a bit crackly as I'd played it so ruddy much! :)

and your other choices are superb mate.... I love that Ricky Effe track.... Sector 30 is so good man, brilliant track....and Taub is in a class of its own, yet it doesnt often get talked about.

Extreme Trax - Dont Stop is an amazing tune as well, one of my favourite releases on Bonzai, the Yves Deruyter Mix of it is mint! and Fire by Dirty Barry is one of my favourite harder tracks.....me and Jase have talked about it many a time....its sexy as f***! lol :)

This whole thread is meant to be about those tunes that you consider classics which are not really talked about in the main.

Ive seen people mention Orange Theme, Out Of The Blue, Gouryella, Rank 1 Airwave, they are all classics which are NOT forgotten!

Do you see what I'm getting at? over the last, really, 10 years there have been so many amazing tracks which dont often get talked about. But some people mention ones that are commonly known as a "classic".

All of you have brought up some real crackers which dont often get talked about..... I'll throw another one into the mix....

Mario Piu - Library

;)

You are right, got carried away so many tunes going around in my head that i forgot what the thread was all about, her's some more!

generator - where are you now

Yves Deruyter - to the rhythm

Friends of Matthew - out there

Boccaccio Life - The Secret Wish

Aptness - The Answer

The Effect - Day mission

Technique - You and me

to be honest, we're never gonna agree what should be considered a forgotten classic!

i've got my own views on what has been played out since the introduction of the numerous 'classics' nights on offer by clubs.

for instance, i can't remember hearing church of ra played out since 1999, yet its one of the rarest 12"'s on offer on ebay, going for at least £40 per copy!

but there are so many 'obvious' tunes which really should be considered by the poster before replying to this thread! i can't believe some of the suggested 'forgotten' classics so far! lol

Untill I'd heard Digger via Simmy or someone else ere, I'm pretty sure I'd never heard of it!

Of this thread 'forgotten classics' imo are the ones you don't hear very often compared to the arsed-raped too much ones (not that they arent good but!!):

Faithless - Salva Mea

Dirty Barry - Fire

Dj Taucher - Bizzare

Headliners - Who's my dj

Mario Piu - Library

The Effect - Day mission

Billy Hendrix - Body Shine

Rajunah - If (Lambert & Dimech Mix)

Transa - Enervate

Mario + Presents More - All I Need

Billie - Girlfriend (Tin Tin Out Mix)

Emmie - More Than This (Translucid Mix)

Red Light District - Did You Hear Me?

Dina Carroll - Livin For The Weekend (The Space Brothers Remix)

Travel - Bulgarian (Signum Mix)

Maurice - Feline

Unfair Justice-The truth

Of which three of these I do'nt curenty own and never have to my idiocy!

I hadn't heard Digger "Church of Ra" until it was posted on here. Can't remember who uploaded it on here but whoever it was a "big thanks" to you as it has to be one of my favourite tunes. :thumbsup:

I'm really loving Aza's mix of this tune as well.

Archived