DJ Comp

Bjorn

hey guys, im i na dj comp in derby in a week or so - justt hought i'd ask for sum tips as ive never done 1 before!!

i have 20 mins (yes thats 20 mins :| ) to strut my stuff, so im thinkiing of 4 or 5 tunes squeezed in. i have 2 other guys in my 'techno/trance' heat, so i gotta beatt hem to get to the final!

they got a cool setup sorted for us - 2 x 1210's, 2 x cdj1000's and an allen & heath xone 62.

ive used all the equipment before so that aint a problem, justt hought i'd ask for sum tips if u have any??

gonna get all my mates down to support me - but pretend they don;t know me and go mental when im on - its marked on tune selection, mixing skill, presentation and crowd reaction (if any)!!

:D:D its a week on tuesday so i better get practising!

Sounds good mate and first of all good luck!

I have never played at one, but have sent in demos for comps etc a few years back!

Just practise sh!t loads and rehearse your stuff well. This you can get away with a rehearsed set rather than be spontaneous IMO.

Make sure you feel confident and importantly look confident!

what tunes you got in mind? Gonna perform any tricks etc???

cheers aza, good advice!

yeah im gonna plan my short set i nadvance and practice it, tune im thinking of are:

marcel woods- advanced

jonas steur Vs Ernesto Vs Bastian - Silent Side Of The Moon (Bootleg)

above & beyond - alone tonight (nasty dub)

and i aint decided the 4 th tune yet!!

will maybe throw a bit of looping in there, also use the allen & heath filters to maximum effect! :D:D

Archived