cdj 1000 mk3

whos_this_guy

CDJs are becoming like PCS. Spec constantly changing, newer ones coming in quicker to replace old ones. I just bought my cdj800 and the mk2 looks mint!

decks.co.uk are selling em now -

cdj 800 mk2 is only £30 more than the mk1 at - £479

and the cdj1000 mk3 - £768 - which is bloody steep! You could buy a car!

Btw.. what do you think of all this mp3 capabilities? converting mp3s to cds gives a better sound does it not?

I don't realy get this, the mk3 looks exactly the same as the mk2 (as much as I can see in that pic) and they've said this in the features list...

"Loop In / Out Adjust

Another world first from Pioneer - is the ability to adjust both the In and Out points of a loop stored in memory. So now fine tuning a loop is both quick and easy. Loop-In adjust is only available on the CDJ-1000MK3. "

I can do this on my mk2's?

Just a thought :!:

• 1 month later...

Only just noticed this thread, Think that basically Pioneer are using a basic sorta skimming strategy (thank you A Level Business Studies) basically trying to bring out new stuff constantly so anyone who doesn't own a CDJ will automatically think 'Hey i'll get the newest and therefore best model.'

The fact that there isn't a great deal of difference further enhances this, and to be honest if i was to get one right now it'd probably be the CDJ200 anyway, allows me to mix and do some trickery, but i have no interest in being Eddie Halliwell so i don't need some of the extravangances of the CDJ1000mk3.

Btw.. what do you think of all this mp3 capabilities? converting mp3s to cds gives a better sound does it not?

You can't reverse sound quality i.e. it isn't possible to make a file "better" quality - you can easily make it worse by encoding it at lower bitrate & frequency but not the other way round (all you'll do is make the file bigger (not better)), since mp3 at the end of the day is a glorified compression format, in essence. :)

What are Pioneer claiming to do with the mp3 capabilities? The only advantage I can think is that you can fit loads more on a CD, but we knew that already :?

So, this new CJD1000 mk3 on the website, you can

- alter the resistance of the jog wheel "which benefits from a new metallic ‘non-slip’ finish." So if you've had a greasy fry-up just before you go on, you're guaranteed not to slip up? Bollocks, I say.

- "The CDJ-1000 has a guard to prevent you from accidentally pressing it the eject button. The CD is locked until the track is stopped." You have to be a spastic to do it anyway really, and it as always funny when DJs used to knock the start/stop button in the Technics in the middle of the set. We should keep this strand of amusement possible.

I think what they mean by mp3 support is that it can handle any format, even VBR, and CD-RW which some normal CD players have trouble understanding (I know my car doesn't like them it either gets confused or just blindly tells me there's "no disc" in there when there damn well is).

How much more will people pay for these improvements? I notice there are no prices on their website. I think Mr Bailey is correct in that they are always looking to release a new model.

As i said before i reckon it's all rubbish anyway and the new MKIII is probs very similar to MkII but they get to charge a bit more for it and blag some 'new' and improved qualities about it. The mp3 format wouldn't be any cop anyway. Sure you can have say 70 tunes on one CD, but then you can't mix one of those 70 tunes into another one so you've got to burn more CDs anyway, thus defeating the point of havin so many on in the first place.

The mp3 format wouldn't be any cop anyway. Sure you can have say 70 tunes on one CD, but then you can't mix one of those 70 tunes into another one so you've got to burn more CDs anyway, thus defeating the point of havin so many on in the first place.

That's an excellent point! lol.

Its standard to have 2 copies of any burnt CD though, so you can mix between the 2. So in this case, 2 CDs would cover the 70 tracks and you could mix between them. Fortunately, I don't have that problem yet!

That Eject Guard is quite amusing. Surely there must be an override if you can't eject while the CD was still playing? What if you DID want to eject while it was playing. eg you put the wrong disc in in the 1st place? And if it has an override, the same 'accident' could still happen!!! (I feel like my argument is becoming a viscious circle here :lol: )

no point in the mp3's anyway - you had have to ensure all the clubs u playedi n had these mk3's, other wise if they only had mk2's u would have to have all your tunes on cdr anyway as wav's!!

pointless really!

still - getting 70 mp3s on a cd would be much better.

essentially (which as ste mentioned - its best to have to copies of everything), you would only need 2 cds at a gig! 70 tunes on a cd instead of the odd 8-10.

I do like the mp3 feature, but would prefer to put everything as .wavs.

I was thinking of getting a cdj800 mk2 - shame they released it only after I just got my cdj800's - I would rather save up for cdj1000 mk2 :)

no point in the mp3's anyway - you had have to ensure all the clubs u playedi n had these mk3's, other wise if they only had mk2's u would have to have all your tunes on cdr anyway as wav's!!

pointless really!

That's a good point, if you arrived at a club with your CDs rammed full of quality mp3s only to discover the Pioneers are old ones and can't play em, in a nutshell, you're f***ed!

Its standard to have 2 copies of any burnt CD though, so you can mix between the 2. So in this case, 2 CDs would cover the 70 tracks and you could mix between them. Fortunately, I don't have that problem yet!

That Eject Guard is quite amusing. Surely there must be an override if you can't eject while the CD was still playing? What if you DID want to eject while it was playing. eg you put the wrong disc in in the 1st place? And if it has an override, the same 'accident' could still happen!!! (I feel like my argument is becoming a viscious circle here :lol: )

The eject feture is a switch wich when switched on, the edject button doesent work, then you just flick it over to get the track out @ the end, it is a pointless feature, never seen anyone use it...

I try to burn 8 tracks to a disk then burn a second copy.

The problem I see with the mp3 part is if I burn a cd... how am i ever going to wright 70 track names on the front of it?

If you've a brain like mine you can mentally assign tracks with numbers. I've nearly 300 MDs at home and with each number I can probably tell you its colour and a handful of the tunes on there, and with each track remembered it sparks the memories of what follows on next, and the one after that, etc.

I only numbered them because I had to save up to buy the damn things every week or so, not ideal in this day & age what with how easy it is to burn CDs etc. My MDs are obselete now... one day I'll rip them all to mp3s :roll:

I remember I bought a mini disc player (recordable).

The took off a bit, but never really got going... Soon died out and when really cheap!

Had an optical cable. Think its annoying having to serially record, bit awkward.

I used to be able to pull out my CDs easily without too much browsing. Dunno if i cld memorise my whole vinyl collection on cd though. Sayin that i do have all the rough pitch speeds in my head as i'm sure any DJ does

Archived